PDA

View Full Version : Post Upgrade Message

Superfreak3
01-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Hi All,

Since the season is over I decided to upgrade Vixen. When prompted at Vixen startup that an update/upgrade is availble I chose to install it.

After installation, I was prompted to view the notes. When I chose Yes to view, it indicated that the application could not be found and the update could not continue. I didn't get a screenshot of that error, but it appeared that Vixen itself was updated as I am no longer prompted to upgrade at startup.

Continuing on, I opened a pre-upgrade sequence and was met with the attached message.

The sequence seemed to play alright following closure of this message, but I don't know if it works for sure through the controller or not since that stuff is packed away.

The same think occurred when I went into the Profile to check the PlugIn setup. The Renard dimmer is missing and Renard dimmer (modified) appears in the selection list.

Does this just mean I have to reconfigure the Renard PlugIn? I wonder why this occurred. ??

Any information is greatly appreciated!

RichF
01-08-2009, 11:08 AM
It looks like this is a special modified plugin. If you were viewing someone elses sequence with a custom plug in and do not have it this would occur. I have had it happen a few times when viewing others sequences

Superfreak3
01-08-2009, 11:41 AM
I don't know. I was trying to open my sequences and profile and I was met with this. I did nothing between upgrading and then trying to open these.

???

I went into the profile and added the only Renard Dimmer (modified) and didn't receive the message again. I guess that's because the message indicated that the 'bad stuff' had already been removed.

I guess I'll have to whip out the board and see if it all still works.

Did the Renard plugin change I wonder.

Santa Don
01-23-2009, 02:00 PM
I downloaded Vixen 2.0 and also had the "Renard Dimmer (modified)" as my only Renard choice. I'm not sure if it is going to work because I am lost as a goose (complete newbie) and trying to muddle my way through without bothering everyone..... yet.

Santa Don

Superfreak3
01-24-2009, 10:44 PM
I reverted back to the earlier version as I didn't have a problem with it in my first season. I also turned off the automatic update option.

Santa Don
01-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Well, after some head scratching, I have Vixen up and running and having a total blast! I'm sequencing "Santa's Got A Hot Rod". That's one I haven't seen on anyone's shows, but it's a great piece. Good and lively. That said, it's gonna take a loooong time to get it done. I'm finding out that the beat channel isn't doing me much good as the tempo changes so anything I try to line up with the beats doesn't work well. Oh well, another string of lights to play with. Woo Hoo!

rstehle
01-25-2009, 12:44 AM
You might try activating the Audio Visualizer. I often find that to be a helpful tool.

Santa Don
01-25-2009, 12:51 AM
Definitely using it. Helps to find the attack points. Funny, I'm jumping all over the song, adding elements here and there. I'll hear a segment and think something would work there and try it. I did put some rhythm in first, which helps me more than the beat channel. I have a good start on the beginning and the ending. Now for the middle. Hopefully, it will all come together. I do think a song can be overdone and I don't want to do that. How do you guys do a song? Do you just start at the beginning and work your way through, or do like I am doing, jumping all over the place?

Mufassa
01-25-2009, 01:49 AM
I usually jump around. Sometimes I need an easy part to get myself going on a song a get excited about it. I usually try and start with the beat track but sometimes will lay down multiple "beat" tracks based on lyrics or some other dimension in the song.

--Greg

deplanche
01-25-2009, 02:31 AM
Don't forget about playing it at a slower speed. That can often help too.

Santa Don
01-25-2009, 10:47 AM
I usually jump around. Sometimes I need an easy part to get myself going on a song a get excited about it. I usually try and start with the beat track but sometimes will lay down multiple "beat" tracks based on lyrics or some other dimension in the song.

--Greg

Good, then I'm not crazy, jumping around. Maybe someday, I'll develop a methodical way to do it, like sequencing each element at a time or something. Heck, I don't know. I'm just havin' fun.

Oh, and yep, I'm using the slower speeds quite a bit as well.

Appreciate the tips. Keep em coming.

Santa Don