PDA

View Full Version : kind of expensize but,

vertigo
01-04-2009, 12:48 PM
worth a look over might be a new better improved mini tree.

http://www.tomato-cages.com/tomato-cage.html

Wayne J
01-04-2009, 01:12 PM
DIY spiral trees, cool!

mwo040
01-04-2009, 01:12 PM
I looked at these and it would actually be a decent price since they can be used up to 7ft tall. This would make a nice sized medium tree with ropelight. Although the after christmas sales of the rope light trees might be a better deal if you can find them.

TERBObob
01-04-2009, 08:25 PM
uhhhhhh ..
hey guys ... they came out with these spiral trees ( both minis AND all the way up to 7 footers ) YEARS ago .
And as far as for tomatoes ? ummm ---- seems to be getting wider at the WRONG end . ( my tomato plants get wide at the TOP and thin and the base . )
I use tomato cages for tomatoes to hold up my tomatoes .

Photovor
01-05-2009, 03:35 PM
uhhhhhh ..
hey guys ... they came out with these spiral trees ( both minis AND all the way up to 7 footers ) YEARS ago .
And as far as for tomatoes ? ummm ---- seems to be getting wider at the WRONG end . ( my tomato plants get wide at the TOP and thin and the base . )
I use tomato cages for tomatoes to hold up my tomatoes .

Hm- good point... Funny though, their pictures make the tomato plant look like a pine tree (in shape that is). Must be for those people that have those upside down Christmas trees too. Never the less, interesting concept. For $19 around here, you only get 3 or 4 of the 12" tall spiral walk way trees. Wonder how stretched out these things are when they are pulled to 7'

omzig
01-05-2009, 04:06 PM
I use tomato cages for tomatoes to hold up my tomatoes .Hmm...didn't know you could use them for that. ;)

Sorry for straying off-topic, but we have been growing our tomatoes upside-down for a while now. I works great and they don't require any support. See here: http://www.minifarmhomestead.com/gardening/tomato.htm

TERBObob
01-05-2009, 06:40 PM
LOL ... don't know what part of iowa he's from , but the rest of here believe that those tomatoe plants belong planted in the ground where they're not restricted to size due to that 5 gallon pail he has them inverted in .. LOL

I worded that prior statement wrong .
What I meant was ... with those spiral deals , unless your tomatoes grow near the BOTTOM of the plant , its basically useless . My tomatoes grow MORE towards the top and near support there so they don't flop down on the ground where bugs can get 'em . ( I don't use any kind of sprays or enhancers - just "au natural )