PDA

View Full Version : firefox issues

Trip
12-27-2008, 12:19 AM
Anyone else have trouble with this site running firefox? Sometimes it won't let me on the site, but if I open the dreaded IE or Chrome, it pulls it up fine.

jrock64
12-27-2008, 01:29 AM
FireFox is all I use.

No issues.

JOel

zaker
12-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Use FireFox all the time, no issues here.

Macrosill
12-27-2008, 10:47 AM
I only use FireFox and I do not have any issues.

Trip
12-27-2008, 01:07 PM
It started doing it right now, it gives me a page load error for any link i try to enter to access the site. I will try deleting cookies and see if it will work.

jeffl
02-01-2010, 09:05 PM
I use Firefox and I have to delete cookies every-time I connect. I'm frustrated with it so if anyone has an idea let me know. IE works like a charm but I don't like to use it unless I have to.

Trip
02-01-2010, 09:59 PM
try a new profile, that is what finally fixed a lot of people's problems with this site and firefox, including my own.

jeffl
02-01-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm not sure I understand a new profile. Like create a new user name (account)?

rkhanso
02-01-2010, 11:14 PM
firefox works OK for me at work, but at home, no avatars are shown, the formatting of the pages are messed up. Been that way for a while for me from home. Others have had the same problem - there's another thread on the forum about it.

I'm interested in the 'profile' solution. Could you elaborate?

RPM
02-01-2010, 11:24 PM
I also use Firefox (V3.0.11) without any issues.

omzig
02-01-2010, 11:44 PM
I'm not sure I understand a new profile. Like create a new user name (account)?

I'm interested in the 'profile' solution. Could you elaborate?
Run: firefox.exe -ProfileManager

This will allow you to create and switch profiles. Creating a new profile made my forum issues (similar to what rkhanso described) go away. It's kind of a pain, but IMO it was a way better solution than switching to IE. You can export your bookmarks from one profile and then import them into another.

tlorek
02-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Firefox is all I use on my laptop, and DIYC works flawlessly on it. On my main PC, DIYC won't recognize me logging in, so I have to use <cough> IE. :???:

frankv
02-02-2010, 01:31 AM
I have no problems with Firefox v3.5.7.

If you do have trouble, you might want to try the IETab plug-in for Firefox... essentially, it runs IE in a Firefox tab.

g2ktcf
02-02-2010, 04:19 AM
for some reason www.doityourselfchristmas.com and doityourselfchristmas.com are not the same. If you omit the www in FF it seems to work better....

bonefish
02-02-2010, 07:45 AM
I use latest Firefox on windows and OS X, never had problems with any of the domains
www.doityourselfchristmas.com and doityourselfchristmas.com. You only need to do the login to forum on both domains (+ check twice "remember me") and it works like a charm.

Maybe your problems are to get loged off when switching to another domain? (from the list of the latests posts on the homepage). Or you have some FF plugin that is causing this problems?

Warlock
02-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Fire Fox has reported issues with cookies that do stop people from entering a domain..What you have to do on occasion is release the cookies for it to work...The fix for this is to automatically release the cookies upon log off...Java for firefox is also having some issues.Those issues are simply for some that already have java installed on their machine from IE it works great..For those that do not have java on their machine and use firefox it sticks,freezes,locks up etc...The issue seems to be that you need to not only install the java plug in but also install java from sun to get it to work correctly..It seems to create a bridge so the 2 communicate together...I've had many isues and this is what worked for me..

tlorek
02-02-2010, 01:16 PM
for some reason www.doityourselfchristmas.com and doityourselfchristmas.com are not the same.

So are you saying there is a parallel universe with another tlorek out there right now typing the same thing I am, but only on doityourselfchristmas.com? EEK! ;)

Dennis Cherry
02-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Using Firefox 3.6 and works just fine. Also using plugin to limit scripts on websites.

Prevent those nasty cookies you do not want.

rokkett
02-02-2010, 01:53 PM
The login form sets cookies that are valid for "doityourselfchristmas.com". This is a server based cookie, not a domain based one. Because "www.doityourselfchristmas.com" is not the same server as "doityourselfchristmas.com", you are not logged in on that server. The cookies should be set as domain cookies - ".doityourselfchristmas.com" - with the beginning ".". Then when you navigate to "www.doityourselfchristmas.com", the cookies would still be valid and you would still be logged in.

Somehow - not sure how - I have both a "www.doityourselfchristmas.com" and "doityourselfchristmas.com" server cookies on one of my machines - so everything works there. But I can't get the "www" cookie on server others - the login just sets the "doityourselfchristmas.com" ones now.

Not sure how to configure this is vBulletin, but there should be an option...

...and IE incorrectly passes the server cookie back to the web server as though it was a domain cookie, which is why IE works (or doesn't work - depending on your point of view... :))

lucyyenic
02-02-2010, 02:47 PM
I think you should change the Firefox setting from And set default setting of your firefox browser,Hope it will solve problem,Try it

bonefish
02-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Somehow - not sure how - I have both a "www.doityourselfchristmas.com" and "doityourselfchristmas.com" server cookies on one of my machines - so everything works there. But I can't get the "www" cookie on server others - the login just sets the "doityourselfchristmas.com" ones now.

Not sure how to configure this is vBulletin, but there should be an option...

maybe just fix everything on the Apache httpd level?

e.g. if you want to redirect everything from http://doityourselfchristmas.com/ to http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/
(it will keep the links and parameters after the domain name - so the existing links pointing to domain without www will still be valid)

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName doityourselfchristmas.com
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/$1 [R,L]
</VirtualHost>

...and IE incorrectly passes the server cookie back to the web server as though it was a domain cookie, which is why IE works (or doesn't work - depending on your point of view... :))
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rokkett
02-02-2010, 06:31 PM
That redirect would just break everybody who is currently working around the problem by redirecting them to server they do not have a valid cookie for. The ".domain.tld" domain based cookie is the proper fix for FireFox users.

bonefish
02-02-2010, 06:35 PM
That redirect would just break everybody who is currently working around the problem by redirecting them to server they do not have a valid cookie for. The ".domain.tld" domain based cookie is the proper fix for FireFox users.

if you believe that everyone has a cookie for domain without www, just exchange those two domains in the above code. (btw, I'm using a FF and have a cookie for both domains, so it shouldn't be a problem there).

but redirect would solve a problem having a two different domains for the same things (and two different cookie in a browser without cookie bug). therefore, I wouldn't need to login twice when I'm using private surfing in Chrome at the work (no cookies).

rokkett
02-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Just to test this, I installed FireBug and FireCookie in FireFox.

Enabled the FireCookie extension, then navigated to "doityourselfchristmas.com". Edited the "bbuserid" and ""bbpassword" cookies and made them domain cookies - ".doityourselfchristmas.com". Now I can jump back and forth between the "doityourselfchristmas.com" and "www.doityourselfchristmas.com" URLs without appearing to be logged out when the URL changes to the "www" name...

Logged out and cleared out all of the DIYC cookies, and now when I logged back in, I am back to the half logged in/half not logged in state....

Gonna go add the domain cookies back in and fix that system's browser... :)

jeffl
02-03-2010, 10:50 AM
I upgraded Firefox to 3.6 and also tried a new profile, both of which did not work. As previously stated above, I then downloaded the Firebug and firecookie add on and added a bbuserid and bbpassword for www.doityourselfchristmas.com and everything is now working as expected.

The one thing that is different with me is I use a laptop on a domain during the day and off the domain at night.