PDA

View Full Version : Grinch / SSR Help

ulto
12-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Hey,
I am having some problems running all of my SSRs. I have 64 channels setup, but when I go to test them, I cannot turn one on at a time. This is also the same for my sequences. They will work if I have alot of them on, but not one at a time.

Can anyone help please?

bmcgeeny
12-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey,
I am having some problems running all of my SSRs. I have 64 channels setup, but when I go to test them, I cannot turn one on at a time. This is also the same for my sequences. They will work if I have alot of them on, but not one at a time.

Can anyone help please?

Sounds like you have something wrong in the setup. Need more information and I assume you have gone back and read the troubleshooting guides. There was just another post up here.

So be more specific. You say cannot turn one on but turn on a lot? what is a lot?

Do they appear to work properly in the sequence when "a lot" are on.

ulto
12-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Okay, if I want to turn on channel 1, it will not turn on, but if I turn on all 64 channels, they all come on.

During sequences, not all the channels come on when they are programmed to. I have a large 6 channel tree with 1200 Led lights. When it is programed to have 4 of the channels on, only 2 come on.

bmcgeeny
12-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Okay, if I want to turn on channel 1, it will not turn on, but if I turn on all 64 channels, they all come on.

During sequences, not all the channels come on when they are programmed to. I have a large 6 channel tree with 1200 Led lights. When it is programed to have 4 of the channels on, only 2 come on.

Have you checked all your grounds very carefully?

ulto
12-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Are you speaking of the grounds on the parrallel port to the grinch, if so yes.

dnesci
12-12-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm assuming you have Vixen set up correctly with the 595 plug in.

Your parallel port is set for extended.

How are you powing the Grinch and the SSRs? Are you using the computer power supply or another supply? If it is the computer how are you bringing the power to the Grinch, via the cat5 or two separate wires?

A little more back ground will help us to walk you through it.

Don

ulto
12-13-2008, 12:15 AM
I have a seperate power source, coming through the Cat 5 cable into the grinch. It is generating 4.85 volts and 2 Amps.

RavingLunatic
12-13-2008, 12:48 AM
You say you are using LEDs, are you also using the more sensitive triacs (511-BTA04-700T)?

Try using some regular minis and see if you have better control.

ulto
12-14-2008, 11:49 AM
The 6 channel tree is the only part of my display with LEDs. I have the same problem with the rest of my display.

NogginBoink
12-14-2008, 05:34 PM
First, ensure that you have the plugins set up correctly in Vixen.

Then, ensure that your computer and your external power supply have a common ground. (If they don't, connect the computer's ground to your external power supply's ground.)