PDA

View Full Version : How to import sequences

chris2879
12-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I was looking at the sticky and downloaded a couple of the .vix file. When i try to open them in vixen, it will crash. How do you do it?

deplanche
12-08-2008, 04:29 PM
I've never had this problem. Where did you download them to? Are you opening by double clicking or opening vixen and then opening file? Which ones specifically are giving you a problem?

mwo040
12-08-2008, 08:50 PM
sounds like a problem I had. I had to open the zip file that I installed Vixen from place the files in the sequences folder and then open the zip vixen. I believe they are older vixen files and they do not convert automatically. I hope this helps if you need more help ask in the chat room and you should be able to get someone to help walk you through this as that is how I was able to get it working.

Timsk
12-08-2008, 08:58 PM
You need to convert the older vixen files. In the original .zip file for vixen, there is a file named prepare.exe. Copy this file to the directory in which you have Vixen installed. then start Vixen. Vixen should then convert the files. Prepare.exe gets deleted after it is run, so make sure that you have kept the copy in the zip file.

Braveit1
12-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Also make sure you add the profile (to your profile directory) if the sequence was created with one. Otherwise you will not see anything and it may crash.