PDA

View Full Version : P10 Tune To Sign (2X2)

davdue
12-12-2018, 01:53 PM
I am thinking about replacing my old painted Lexan tune to sign for next year. I currently am using Vixen V3.5 to fully sequence and control my show with ESP8266 ESP-01 modules with a Ubiquiti Nanostation M2 for the AP. The light controllers are a combination of Renards, Renard-Plus's, WiFi adapted SSR's, and ESPixelPop's. I am thinking of doing a single sided 2X2 P10 sign. I really like the idea of wireless since that was much easier to setup this year than the old Cat5 connections.

The top two panels would be dedicated for the Tune To information and the bottom two panels would be used to display the current song name and maybe some other things like Merry Christmas, etc. Everything I see on here seems to use either a BBB or Raspberry Pi for the sign control and FPP. Can I do all this directly from Vixen? I know I need something that receives the data and controls the P10 panels. I haven't been able to find a thread about this yet. I try to add/change at least one thing every year to my show. This would be the big thing for next year. Any suggestions, places to read, videos to watch would be appreciated.

TazChaLet
12-12-2018, 02:19 PM
I use vixen for my p10 panels mine is double sided 2 panels on each side I have the matrix pihat from Crocketts on the pi running fpp

(https://www.crockettfantasyoflights.com/product/pre-sale-matrix-pihat/)

starts around :52 sec

https://youtu.be/FUs_6i3pE20?t=52

davdue
12-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Thanks TazChaLet.

So is the Pi running you whole show with FPP or just the P10. I have a laptop running Vixen connected to a DHCP router and then the AP. So Vixen is totally running the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TazChaLet
12-12-2018, 03:59 PM
my pi is just running my tune to since I have small yard and use a laptop in my Florida room to run show

Kev7274
12-12-2018, 05:24 PM
I did what James did,made a double sided candy cane pole and used a Pihat on a Pi to run just the tune to sign.

davdue
12-12-2018, 06:32 PM
I did what James did,made a double sided candy cane pole and used a Pihat on a Pi to run just the tune to sign.

Your tune to sign is just a fixed display, meaning that it only displays the same thing over and over for the whole show? Can you display song names on it? If so what is keeping it synced with the lights controller?

Kev7274
12-12-2018, 07:48 PM
It's fixed...sorta.
I have the pole cemented into a flower pot that I can move around when I'm done. Used 50lbs of cement,so it's not to heavy.
Yes,the sign displays the FM station that my show is running on and I have Merry Christmas and Happy New Year running on it also.
As for keeping it synced to the controller...I just set it as a Remote on the FPP and then sync it with the Master FPP running the show. I have all my FPPs using the Sequences for the show,but not all of them have the Audio because those PIs don't
need the audio.

Ruppro
12-12-2018, 10:11 PM
You can run FPP in bridge mode and then it acts just like any other e1.31 controller in Vixen, whether you can send to it over WiFi and not experience any lag, you would need to test because P10 is a whole lot more data than an ESP. The easiest/best way is to use a Pi w/ FPP as a master to run your show and then the FPP w/ the P10s would be a Remote that has the sequences for the P10 on it and only needs to receives the sync packets over WiFi.

mrGrumpy
12-12-2018, 10:17 PM
I do things a little different....As Kev, I use FPP to play my show, and a FPP remote for the tune to sign, but here is the difference:
I keep a P5 2X2 profile where I sequence my signs. I build a sign sequence for the matching song, making the length the same as the song sequence, and using the same name.

I have a "Sleigh Ride" fseq for the song and in another folder a "Sleigh Ride" fseq for the sign.
When FPP Master plays Sleigh Ride [song] the FPP Remote plays Sleigh Ride [sign]

Since I use P5's, the Tune To sign is very large, splitting into "song" and "tune to" reduces the sequence file size, plus I'm wifi only, so the 24576 channels for my sign are reduced to just the FPP Master syncing with the FPP Remote.

Plus, I every playing with the sign, adding fancy and adjusting color. If I screw up the sign, the show still plays.

davdue
12-13-2018, 09:02 AM
You can run FPP in bridge mode and then it acts just like any other e1.31 controller in Vixen, whether you can send to it over WiFi and not experience any lag, you would need to test because P10 is a whole lot more data than an ESP. The easiest/best way is to use a Pi w/ FPP as a master to run your show and then the FPP w/ the P10s would be a Remote that has the sequences for the P10 on it and only needs to receives the sync packets over WiFi.

Sounds like I need 2 Piís then. One for the main show and one for the P10 sign. How does this change my network connections? If I use a Pi 3 for the master I donít think anything since it has an Ethernet port. Just connect it to the router instead of the laptop. I am thinking of using a Pi Zero for the sign with a CFOL Nano Matrix PiHat to connect the panels to it. Does that all sound correct?

sctwohig
12-13-2018, 09:28 AM
I have a pi zero w and the Nano pi hat running 4 P10's It works great. I also run it as a remote pi and sequence it separately using the same name fseq as the master. Thus not all the channels are being sent out.

davdue
01-11-2019, 06:21 PM
I am pulling the trigger real soon with CFOL to purchase the P10's and their PiHat Nano for this sign. So I have been playing around in Vixen 3.5u4. I have the element set up and the preview created and mapped to the element. Now I am trying to change one of my sequences from 2018 to add the sign. I want this 2X2 to be really two lines of information. The top line scrolling the current song title and probably Merry Christmas and the bottom line with the tune to information. I see the text effect so I assumed I use that. How do I split this into 2 lines. Should I have 2 elements: 1 at 16 X 64 and another at 16 X64? Currently I have one element 32 X 64 (Horizontal). Is there an example or a video I can look at or watch that shows what all the attributes for the text effect do? One other thing I really like from Canispater Christmas is the border he has around his sign (see video below. 9:39 mark shows it working). Thanks in advance for your help. I won't have parts until the presale comes in so I can play with the programming/setup until then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15WrUKbN8Es

mrGrumpy
01-11-2019, 08:40 PM
Yes two elements, but maybe think P5 for two lines and single panel high

TazChaLet
01-11-2019, 08:49 PM
you want 2 lines on 1 side if that is the question you click the add button under where you type in the words for the first line it will add another line below but as already stated the p10 doesn't do 2 lines very well unless you have more than 1 row of panels

mrGrumpy
01-12-2019, 02:56 AM
you want 2 lines on 1 side if that is the question you click the add button under where you type in the words for the first line it will add another line below but as already stated the p10 doesn't do 2 lines very well

Thanks Taz, overlooked that ADD button . Building elements on a P5 was a bear.

davdue
01-15-2019, 05:08 PM
I have been playing around with this in Vixen 3.5.u4. I havenít figured out how to do the border like Cansipater did. Anyone have an idea what effect to use for that or should I look at XLights? I really donít want to learn a new sequencing program though.

I have it set up as one element and then adding lines and programming the effects to coincide. Meaning the top line has a 5 second long text effect for the song name that repeats throughout the song. Then at the same time I have longer one that puts the time to info up and then switches to Merry Christmas after a little bit then switches back to the radio info.

mrGrumpy
01-15-2019, 06:56 PM
Just use BORDERS and Layers

mikeh65
01-15-2019, 07:01 PM
It sounds like you and I are in the same design boat. One of the things I did before I started to take down my display was to get a Pi up and running FPP and see if I could get it to run my show. I currently use three E1.31 Bridges in my display using both Pixel and Renard outputs. To my delight, I got it to work. I output a sequence from my current Vixen setup to fseq format, transferred it to my FPP. With some configuring setup and re-setup, I got the sequence to play. That answered I big half of my questions. I also use a Pi in my P10 matrix. Earlier in the year I had setup a PiPixel adapter to drive some arches and my Matrix for a Gender reveal. I used them in Master/Remote mode. That worked great. All you will is set the main Pi as Master and you matrix as remote. Name the sequences the same names. In that mode the master says play sequence "1", the remote says ok, and they start at the same time. This is how I plan to make the upgrade this year. My new matrix will be on my donations and a 3 x 4 panel. Mostly showing the Donations requests at the top with the tune-to and show information at the bottom.

davdue
01-15-2019, 07:09 PM
Just use BORDERS and Layers

Never used layers. Where can I learn about layers? I tried borders and it sort of worked but it is just a red/green alternating pattern not the chasing pattern like Canispater did. That is only with a single element for both lines. If I do two elements then I get a border around each line even if I group the two lines.

ezellner
01-15-2019, 07:54 PM
Never used layers. Where can I learn about layers? I tried borders and it sort of worked but it is just a red/green alternating pattern not the chasing pattern like Canispater did. That is only with a single element for both lines. If I do two elements then I get a border around each line even if I group the two lines.

Start here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bLCPIOuOuo It's the first part of a four part series.

mrGrumpy
01-15-2019, 08:12 PM
If you want fancy borders you need to make an element....Iíve done it and it a lot of work.

TazChaLet
01-15-2019, 08:15 PM
to make a border around the edge like I did to mine I made a element that consists of the pixels around the edge to a little but once I realized how I needed to do it went fairly quick I selected all the 1-1 1-16 first row left side and created a new group then I selected 2-26 -32-16 which is all the top row minus the left top corner and added to bottom of the new group I made then i had to do right side which is back wards and added that to the bottom in the new group and then I did bottom and that is backwards and added at bottom of the new group you have a reverse element selection so you can easily reverse them that need to be reversed once you have them in a group you can put effects on that group and it will work fine hope you understand how I did it maybe others have easier way but when I had the problem trying to get things working this is my way I did it

Ruppro
01-16-2019, 01:29 AM
you want 2 lines on 1 side if that is the question you click the add button under where you type in the words for the first line it will add another line below but as already stated the p10 doesn't do 2 lines very well

I have a 2x2 P10 setup just like what you are wanting and I run 2 lines, I only use the single line and add 2 effects, one for each line and adjust the Vertical Offset so one is across the top half and the other is across the bottom.

One trick I found to get fancy borders is using layering, but I put the Border effect on in a "Mask and Fill" layer but make it all one color, then add say a Plasma effect but in a "Chroma Key" layer, keyed to the color of the Border effect that way only the border shows the Plasma effect.

The only thing I have not figured out is how to do a simple marquee chase around the border, (well maybe not the only thing, but one that bugs me for the Tune to sign)

mikeh65
01-16-2019, 11:24 AM
I've done a simple marquee chase by creating a few groups. I created all four sides, grouped the top two rows as top, the bottom two rows as bottom. Left side is a group of the 1st and 2nd pixels or all rows except the first and last two. So for a 2x2 sign it's pixels 1 and 2 of all row 3 thru 30. For the Right side group it's pixels 63 and 64 of rows 3 thru 30. Once you have all four groups I used the "Bars" affect to create the border. Move the top to the right, the right down, the bottom to the left and the left up. You may want to play with the color order, but this works great, and you have a two line border.

Ruppro
01-16-2019, 01:51 PM
I've done a simple marquee chase by creating a few groups. I created all four sides, grouped the top two rows as top, the bottom two rows as bottom. Left side is a group of the 1st and 2nd pixels or all rows except the first and last two. So for a 2x2 sign it's pixels 1 and 2 of all row 3 thru 30. For the Right side group it's pixels 63 and 64 of rows 3 thru 30. Once you have all four groups I used the "Bars" affect to create the border. Move the top to the right, the right down, the bottom to the left and the left up. You may want to play with the color order, but this works great, and you have a two line border.

Yes I do understand that, I can make a sub-group of just the border pixels, but it just seem that there is already a "Border" Effect, why can't we put a chase on it?

davdue
01-16-2019, 02:23 PM

Makes sense except won't that be a nightmare to patch to the controller? I assume the channels count left to right, top to bottom. So the top row is easy first 384 outputs for the top 2 rows. But after that it gets fun right? I think I will make a spread sheet showing all the starting channels for each pixel. With the fill command it won't be too difficult.

mrGrumpy
01-16-2019, 03:04 PM
Vixen does bottom-left to top-right

Patching follows when you copy and paste

Well, for me I made an element "P5-2X2" for the full panel, then patched and tested it.
I verified pixels in all 4 corners to verify the what pixel is where. I am bottom left to top right....so, (Grid R1 C1) row 1, column 1 is Bottom Left Pixel.

Build your Element. <Naming as you wish>
Add "Border"
Now go into Border and add T_Border, L_Border, R_Border, B_Border
Now cop the PATCHED pixels you need.
- copy Grid R1 and Grid R2 and Paste on B_Border
- copy Grid R3, C1 and C2 thru Grid 30 C1 & C2 to L_Border
- copy Grid R3, C31 and C32 thru Grid 30 C31 & C32 to R_Border
- copy Grid R31 and Grid R32 and Paste on T_Border

Trick to reduce the back and forth.
Open a block of rows, say 8, starting at the bottom click the plus sign in frot of your row 10, then move up to 9, then up to 8, and so n to row 3.
Going down, select the R3, C1 press ctrl and select R3, C2 - release ctrl and scroll down to R4 and do the same for C1 and C2. Do this til Row 10.
point to R10, C3 and right click and COPY . . now paste L_Border.
- - - now go do the next block, say Row 20 back to row 11 - - then again til finished with L_Borderl, now R_Border.

davdue
01-16-2019, 05:23 PM

Well, for me I made an element "P5-2X2" for the full panel, then patched and tested it.
I verified pixels in all 4 corners to verify the what pixel is where. I am bottom left to top right....so, (Grid R1 C1) row 1, column 1 is Bottom Left Pixel.

Add "Border"

Open a block of rows, say 8, starting at the bottom click the plus sign in frot of your row 10, then move up to 9, then up to 8, and so n to row 3.
Going down, select the R3, C1 press ctrl and select R3, C2 - release ctrl and scroll down to R4 and do the same for C1 and C2. Do this til Row 10.
- - - now go do the next block, say Row 20 back to row 11 - - then again til finished with L_Borderl, now R_Border.

So you border elements are single elements until you copy the items from the P5-2X2 grid?

mikeh65
01-16-2019, 05:27 PM
Yes I do understand that, I can make a sub-group of just the border pixels, but it just seem that there is already a "Border" Effect, why can't we put a chase on it?

Haven't played with the new "Border" effect yet. This is how I did it before that was added.

jchuchla
01-16-2019, 08:14 PM
Building elements on a P5 was a bear.

What made it hard? Setting up a matrix should be a really simple operation.

mrGrumpy
01-16-2019, 08:52 PM
What made it hard? Setting up a matrix should be a really simple operation.

Building the Border Element, A full letter box element, Top & Bottom Letter Box element, a First Second and third Letter box element. And that was just the 1X1 - needed to do same on 2X2 and 3X4

TazChaLet
01-16-2019, 09:08 PM
Building the Border Element, A full letter box element, Top & Bottom Letter Box element, a First Second and third Letter box element. And that was just the 1X1 - needed to do same on 2X2 and 3X4

you did a border for each letter?

jchuchla
01-16-2019, 09:14 PM
What exactly are you trying to accomplish that you're creating special groups out of your matrix pixels?

Ruppro
01-16-2019, 09:28 PM
What exactly are you trying to accomplish that you're creating special groups out of your matrix pixels?

I don't know about the others, but I have not been able to figure out how to put a marquee like chase effect around the border of my 2x2 P10s

jchuchla
01-16-2019, 09:52 PM
Try layering a white border effect as an intensity overlay layer over a pinwheel effect in the base layer.

mrGrumpy
01-16-2019, 10:47 PM
you did a border for each letter?
Maybe I should have said TEXT Box.
On 2X2 I have a 3 pixel border and another 4 pixel border

On the 3 pixel border (P5):
Rows 1-3 and rows 62-63 - all columns
Row 4 thru 61, columns 1-3 (for left)
Row 4 thru 61, columns 126-128 (for right)

Text Box (note one pixe space between border and textbox)
Top Row 34 - 59
Bottom Row 5 - 30

mrGrumpy
01-16-2019, 10:48 PM
Try layering a white border effect as an intensity overlay layer over a pinwheel effect in the base layer.

Works, but not very good looking

Ruppro
01-16-2019, 11:29 PM
Works, but not very good looking

I agree, the Pinwheel is wider at the top left and lower right corners than anywhere else. I am just looking for a block of say 5 pixels (2 wide border) that chase around the border or even something like the alternating effect, you can use that tweak it to get close but them sides don't match right. And if you use Bars, the top and bottom look good but then the side are just alternating solid colors.

The best way I have found is to set the text and anyother background effect (snowflakes) at the default layer, the add the Border effect as Mask and Fill layer, setting it to a solid color, then add your Bars, Alternating, Pinwheel, Plasma effect as a Chroma Key layer and configure it to key on the color you set the Border to.

mrGrumpy
01-17-2019, 12:36 AM
I agree, the Pinwheel is wider at the top left and lower right corners than anywhere else. I am just looking for a block of say 5 pixels (2 wide border) that chase around the border or even something like the alternating effect, you can use that tweak it to get close but them sides don't match right. And if you use Bars, the top and bottom look good but then the side are just alternating solid colors.

The best way I have found is to set the text and anyother background effect (snowflakes) at the default layer, the add the Border effect as Mask and Fill layer, setting it to a solid color, then add your Bars, Alternating, Pinwheel, Plasma effect as a Chroma Key layer and configure it to key on the color you set the Border to.

When using BARS on Elements, TOP and BOTTOM are Horizontal, and SIDES are Vertical
Here is what I got on my 1X1 P5 - - the second is using 3D
These are using elements for top, left, right and bottom frames (BORDERS)

Edit: Add Red/White Fancy Frame

davdue
01-17-2019, 02:40 PM

Add "Border"

So I got this all to work with the Bar effect and I like it except for one thing. I don't like that the text scrolls through the left and right borders. So I thought why can't I create a group of the center of the sign inside the borders. So I created a line 1 and line 2 element and then copy/pasted R3C3 - R16/C62 into line 1 and R17C3 - R30C62 into line 2. I put a text effect in each of those groups but I have jumbled up text that you can't read. Any ideas why this doesn't work?

If any of you have a suggestion for a screen recorder program I could capture what my preview looks like?

mrGrumpy
01-17-2019, 04:02 PM
So I got this all to work with the Bar effect and I like it except for one thing. I don't like that the text scrolls through the left and right borders. So I thought why can't I create a group of the center of the sign inside the borders. So I created a line 1 and line 2 element and then copy/pasted R3C3 - R16/C62 into line 1 and R17C3 - R30C62 into line 2. I put a text effect in each of those groups but I have jumbled up text that you can't read. Any ideas why this doesn't work?

If any of you have a suggestion for a screen recorder program I could capture what my preview looks like?

If you have the BORDER with EFFECT working, and you like it, then proper LAYERS will fix the TEXT from displaying in the BORDER.

This is what I have done:
Set layers as follows:
Text is DEFAULT
BORDER is Default 2 (you could name Border) Set this layer as "MASK and FILL"
Border Effect is Default 3 (Name at will) Set to "CHROMA KEY" and configure color to 100,100,100,85,255,0 (Green with a twist)

Change color of border to single color green, then configure that green the same as CHROMA KEY

davdue
01-17-2019, 04:57 PM
If you have the BORDER with EFFECT working, and you like it, then proper LAYERS will fix the TEXT from displaying in the BORDER.

This is what I have done:
Set layers as follows:
Text is DEFAULT
BORDER is Default 2 (you could name Border) Set this layer as "MASK and FILL"
Border Effect is Default 3 (Name at will) Set to "CHROMA KEY" and configure color to 100,100,100,85,255,0 (Green with a twist)

Change color of border to single color green, then configure that green the same as CHROMA KEY

So are you saying that with this I can't have a multi color border? The border effect has 3 colors. I currently have them set at red, green, and white. Really wanted just red and green but I don't see a way to remove the 3rd color.

mrGrumpy
01-17-2019, 05:06 PM
So are you saying that with this I can't have a multi color border? The border effect has 3 colors. I currently have them set at red, green, and white. Really wanted just red and green but I don't see a way to remove the 3rd color.

To remove a color, click just outside the color box, this will highlight..click remove.

davdue
01-17-2019, 05:18 PM
Thanks so many user interface things that I need to learn. I created the borders layer and did that. It fixed the text problem. I like it. What was the border effect layer for?

mrGrumpy
01-17-2019, 05:23 PM
The Border Effect adds an EFFECT to the border, say PLASMA. With my Layers, it would change the color(s) Border to a Plasma Border.
Add an Effect with your Border, then add the Layer

jchuchla
01-17-2019, 05:42 PM
You could also use the color change mixing type on that top layer. That would change the color of the stuff on the border layer to whatever the top layer is. There's several ways to skin this cat.

Once you master this technique with the border effect, try playing with the shapes effect. This will let you make fully customizable and positionable borders/outlines/frames around your stuff. The shapes effect has a ton of settings though, it can be hard to wrap your head around it.

davdue
02-08-2019, 02:46 PM
I have a pi zero w and the Nano pi hat running 4 P10's It works great. I also run it as a remote pi and sequence it separately using the same name fseq as the master. Thus not all the channels are being sent out.

Is there a thread in here or a video or something I can reference for the Pi Zero Setup for this?

mrGrumpy
02-08-2019, 03:12 PM
Pi Zero is the almost the same as any other Pi running FPP

mrGrumpy
02-08-2019, 03:16 PM
You could also use the color change mixing type on that top layer. That would change the color of the stuff on the border layer to whatever the top layer is. There's several ways to skin this cat.

Once you master this technique with the border effect, try playing with the shapes effect. This will let you make fully customizable and positionable borders/outlines/frames around your stuff. The shapes effect has a ton of settings though, it can be hard to wrap your head around it.

I think I like making Border Elements on my Panels. Not as easy as Layers, but I can use all the effects on Border Elements, where layer effects don't work or just not as nice.

jchuchla
02-08-2019, 03:45 PM
You probably just need to get more comfortable with the layer system. Everything should work just as well using layers.

davdue
02-09-2019, 01:04 AM
Pi Zero is the almost the same as any other Pi running FPP

The only time I have ever setup a Pi was to run LightshowPi for. Singing Christmas tree at church. To run FPP do I need to load Noobs and then install FPP? Is all this info over on the Falcon Player website?

TazChaLet
02-09-2019, 01:46 AM
I actually went to you tube and found a video that talked me through loading the stuff onto the pi

mrGrumpy
02-09-2019, 01:56 AM
The only time I have ever setup a Pi was to run LightshowPi for. Singing Christmas tree at church. To run FPP do I need to load Noobs and then install FPP? Is all this info over on the Falcon Player website?

Go here and download FPP-2.5-PI.zip. https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/2.5.3
Extract, and burn image o your microSD
Insert into Pi and you are running FPP

FPP installation instructions
https://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,9372.msg86821.html#msg86821

Pi Zero has installation setup issues since it doesnít have an Ethernet port. I use a Ethernet to microUSB adapter.

davdue
02-09-2019, 07:23 PM
Go here and download FPP-2.5-PI.zip. https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/2.5.3
Extract, and burn image o your microSD
Insert into Pi and you are running FPP

FPP installation instructions
https://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,9372.msg86821.html#msg86821

Pi Zero has installation setup issues since it doesnít have an Ethernet port. I use a Ethernet to microUSB adapter.

Is there a specific Ethernet adapter I should get? I had issues with a usb sound adapter before.

mrGrumpy
02-09-2019, 07:35 PM
Is there a specific Ethernet adapter I should get? I had issues with a usb sound adapter before.

Not the exact that I got, but something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Lookatool-Micro-Network-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B01BBPJC2Y/ref=sr_1_2?crid=Y8H55A7BSUBY&keywords=micro+usb+to+ethernet&qid=1549755217&s=electronics&sprefix=microusb+to+ethernet%2Celectronics%2C252&sr=1-2

davdue
02-09-2019, 07:38 PM
Not the exact that I got, but something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Lookatool-Micro-Network-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B01BBPJC2Y/ref=sr_1_2?crid=Y8H55A7BSUBY&keywords=micro+usb+to+ethernet&qid=1549755217&s=electronics&sprefix=microusb+to+ethernet%2Celectronics%2C252&sr=1-2

I plan on doing WiFi to the Pi zero. So I donít need that then?

mrGrumpy
02-09-2019, 11:39 PM
I plan on doing WiFi to the Pi zero. So I don’t need that then?

It can be done without the adapter, but I’ve not used it.
I think the process to setup WiFi to your configuration uses:
SSID = FPP
Password = Christmas
Edited: Then access via WEB on smart phone with FPP.local (or maybe 192.168-0.1)

davdue
02-12-2019, 12:13 PM
It can be done without the adapter, but Iíve not used it.
I think the process to setup WiFi to your configuration uses:
SSID = FPP
Password = Christmas
Edited: Then access via WEB on smart phone with FPP.local (or maybe 192.168-0.1)

Maybe I misunderstood the first post about the Ethernet adapter. Is that for setting up the Pi and FPP or just for communication to the Pi for the show? My show is completely wireless with ESP-01ís using a Ubiquiti NanoStation. I want this sign to be wireless as well. The Pi Zero has a WiFi adapter right?

mrGrumpy
02-12-2019, 01:54 PM
Maybe I misunderstood the first post about the Ethernet adapter. Is that for setting up the Pi and FPP or just for communication to the Pi for the show? My show is completely wireless with ESP-01ís using a Ubiquiti NanoStation. I want this sign to be wireless as well. The Pi Zero has a WiFi adapter right?

The original Pi Zero did not have wifi, but a later release did....Pi Zero W

Ruppro
02-13-2019, 12:21 AM
Maybe I misunderstood the first post about the Ethernet adapter. Is that for setting up the Pi and FPP or just for communication to the Pi for the show? My show is completely wireless with ESP-01’s using a Ubiquiti NanoStation. I want this sign to be wireless as well. The Pi Zero has a WiFi adapter right?

Yes it is easier to setup the Pi over a wired connection, but once you configure it you can just leave it wireless. The easiest way to setup a Pi Zero is to use another Pi, like a Pi 3B, get it all configured then move the SD card (and USB if that is where you are storing the data) to the Pi Zero, that way you don't need to worry with an Ethernet adapter.