PDA

View Full Version : New and Lost

JFTiger
08-30-2007, 01:24 AM
I know were a month from Halloween and 3 from Christmas, but I've had an idea in mind for christmas for over a year and have been putting it off for too long.

I want to take some plastic bells and install lights in them. Each bell represents a note on the basic musical scale. I mean the first 8 or so cords. Take a song and have each light, light up for that note.

I got the bells last year but have stagnated since. I'm thinking the Grinch will work, cheap, fast and easy for the first time but am lost on the parts and where I can get the parts, let alone a board in the United States.

Any help is appreciated. I also would like to ask for a primer on the ancyronyms, can be a bit confusing.

bonuts
08-30-2007, 01:38 AM
Along those lines. I have to assume someone has thought about a MIDI plugin for Vixen that would map MIDI channels to SSR channels?

wjohn
08-30-2007, 07:46 AM
I got the bells last year but have stagnated since. I'm thinking the Grinch will work, cheap, fast and easy for the first time but am lost on the parts and where I can get the parts, let alone a board in the United States.

Any help is appreciated. I also would like to ask for a primer on the ancyronyms, can be a bit confusing.

Hi and welcome to the Forum,

As for parts, I'd suggest looking in the Wiki for the parts list. Most of the parts are available from Mouser etc. The MBI/Allegro chips are available, but from a smaller number of places.

I have the GRINCH PCBs available, ex stock. Please email/PM me and we can arrange some for you.

I can also send you the construction manual, if you need one.

Cheers,

John.

Macrosill
08-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Along those lines. I have to assume someone has thought about a MIDI plugin for Vixen that would map MIDI channels to SSR channels?

Its in there!

bonuts
08-30-2007, 12:48 PM
I guess I didn't fully develope my thought. I meant mapping individual notes from a single MIDI channel to SSR channels. Is that already in there?

stempile
08-30-2007, 02:24 PM

JFTiger-

Don't worry about getting the boards from outside the US. I got my parts from wjohn (AUS) for the grinches and SSR boards in less time then it takes to order stuff from the us in some cases. The world is getting smaller every day.

ms

Macrosill
08-30-2007, 08:43 PM
I guess I didn't fully develope my thought. I meant mapping individual notes from a single MIDI channel to SSR channels. Is that already in there?

yes it is in there. Once mapped the sequence is programmed by Vixen.