PDA

View Full Version : Arch Chase Question in Vixen 3 versus Vixen 2

teberle
12-04-2017, 02:14 PM
I am converting over my sequences from Vixen 2 to Vixen 3 and of course I am still learning the nuances of vixen 3 layering, etc.. In the attached picture you can see that I start a chase on the 4th arch going to the 1st arch and as this is going on I am start a chase on the 4th arch going the opposite direction. In vixen 2 this was fairly simple, just had to overlap the elements on the grid. Can I do the same thing in Vixen 3 at the main group level, or do I need to do them at the sub arch levels?

Hopefully this make sense.

jchuchla
12-04-2017, 04:21 PM
Yes you can do it at the main arch level. But you'll probably need to adjust the depth of effect level to go to the lowest level (highest number) I think the default depth is 1, which will chase the arches as a whole.
The thing you'll need to think about is what the chase applies to. You may want a combination of the main group level, and some at the individual arch group level. If the chase is across all of the pixels of all arches, then it makes sense in th emain level. But if it's only across one arch, then it probably belongs at that arch level. If it crosses two arches, it could go either way. It could either be two staggered chases, one on each arch. Or maybe one on the main group with a movement curve covering only the arches you want covered.

jeffu231
12-04-2017, 04:40 PM
I assume you imported that from V2. Each one of those chases can be done with a single chase at the top individual arch level. You might be able to get cute and do some at 4 arch group, but it is probably easier to time if you do it at the individual arch. This is probably pretty close to modeling what you have.

Image 2 is the setup for a back and forth chase in one effect but altering the direction curve.

teberle
12-04-2017, 04:43 PM
I assume you imported that from V2. Each one of those chases can be done with a single chase at the top individual arch level. You might be able to get cute and do some at 4 arch group, but it is probably easier to time if you do it at the individual arch. This is probably pretty close to modeling what you have.

Image 2 is the setup for a back and forth chase in one effect but altering the direction curve.

38616They were imported, just cleaning them up. I went with the individual arch chase as that seemed easiest.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

jchuchla
12-04-2017, 05:14 PM
That looks like a good choice. There's always more than one way to skin a cat. This way makes sense logically and makes good use of V3 effects.