PDA

View Full Version : Sequences from one computer to another

perfection322008
12-03-2017, 02:33 PM
was hoping to start my first show tonight was going to be using my laptop to run my show but I sped more time on my desktop so I wrote a couple of Sequences on my desktop how can I get these to my laptop I tried a flash drive but no luck yet

jchuchla
12-03-2017, 02:37 PM
You need to move the whole profile. Go to your documents folder and find the "Vixen 3" folder. Copy that whole folder to the documents folder on the other computer.

perfection322008
12-03-2017, 02:39 PM
You need to move the whole profile. Go to your documents folder and find the "Vixen 3" folder. Copy that whole folder to the documents folder on the other computer.Ok thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

perfection322008
12-03-2017, 04:56 PM
ok I was able to get the Sequences from one computer to the other but now I have 2 profiles is there away to add Sequences from both profiles into the show

jchuchla
12-03-2017, 07:14 PM
A sequence belongs to a profile. The elements of a profile are just as much a part of the sequence as the effects are. The only way to move sequencing from one to the other is to open both profiles in two instances of vixen and copy and paste sequencing from a sequence in one profile to one in the other.

arange98
12-08-2017, 06:04 PM
A sequence belongs to a profile. The elements of a profile are just as much a part of the sequence as the effects are. The only way to move sequencing from one to the other is to open both profiles in two instances of vixen and copy and paste sequencing from a sequence in one profile to one in the other.

I copied my profile to a laptop to run the show as well, but continue to create sequences on my desktop. When done editing the sequence I copy the sequence file and audio file to the appropriate folder on the laptop and it runs fine. I guess that only works if you don't make any changes to the setup on either machine...