PDA

View Full Version : Adding 2nd controller

James40
11-27-2017, 04:53 PM
Hope this is right place to post. I am a noob at all this stuff. I need dummy proof way to add a 2nd 16 channel box.

I made Box #1 for a test to see if I could actually make it work. I used Rpi3 and a 16 channel mechanical relay board. 384813848138482

It works great. Now I am making a 2nd box with another Rpi3 and 2x 8 channel SSR boards. I need to know what to put on the 2nd Pi (do all the sequences need to be on it as well ) as well as how to add it to falcon player so the communicate over the wifi network. The boxes will be approx 200 feet apart and no good way to hard wire them together. I find lots of stuff on how to set up the one box not having much luck finding how to link to together as 1.

Now on the first box I went over kill and ran 2 seperat 110 power inputs 1 for ea side of the board. This year I bought all Led lights (not the fancy smart node stuff just old school looking light strands that have LED bulbs) So for 2nd box I think a single 110 power input will be ok although since its not hard to do I may still run seperate power for ea 8 channels.
Any how thanks for the help Hoping to have it all together tonight and starting the set up programming tomorrow evening.

CaptainMurdoch
11-27-2017, 07:42 PM
You need the sequence on both Pi's. You also need the Pi's to be able to talk together over the wifi network.

Put the first Pi into Master mode and the second into Remote mode by changing the drop down on the main status screen.

On the master, go to the MultiSync setup page and check the checkbox beside the Remote. This tells the master to control that remote.

Restart fppd once more and now any sequence that the master plays should also play in sync on the remote if the fseq exists on the remote.

James40
11-27-2017, 09:49 PM
Sounds simple enough, thanks a million for the info.