PDA

View Full Version : Full power flicker

Mat-Moo
11-22-2017, 09:57 AM
Howdy! Iíve built a small pixel grid, using ws2812b strips, 12 strips of 36leds running off a 40amp psu (will be used for other things but not yet). Power levels seems fine on full on all looks good.

Iíve alternated power for each line on opposite ends, but tied all grounds on each end together.

When I run sequences through it, it runs as expected for the whole (using vixen) however there are some sequences, that when I run on full brightness, go nuts. Colours are wrong and a whole bunch of unwanted flashing a star well. Drop the brightness down to 50% and runs sweet as a nut.

Thoughts welcome? Thanks

paulishuku
11-22-2017, 10:01 AM
So i had a similar issue when i set up my 12v matrix this year. I tried some ferrite cores but ended up going lower gauge wire to the pixels from the controller. I had 20AWG originally and went to 16AWG and it cleared up the issues completely.

MrSmoofy
11-22-2017, 02:10 PM
Need more details on your strips/pixels but sounds like you don't have enough power going to them.

Mat-Moo
11-22-2017, 04:46 PM
Yep I just checked and dipping below 4v, changing wiring helps a lot so will work on that, thanks for the advice.