PDA

View Full Version : Simple A/C sequences

Brant78
11-07-2017, 10:16 PM
Hey everyone! Iím looking to get some sequences for Vixen 3 for my Renard SS24. Iím only using the 24 channels and Iím using Mostly LED lights.

I canít get the hang of vixen good enough to do as many songs as Iíd like to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Iím willing to pay if need be!

Thank you in advance!

Brant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brant78
11-08-2017, 01:35 PM
Nobody? Bueller?

Ruppro
11-08-2017, 01:53 PM
Check out landolights.com, you can get several V2 sequences that you can adapt to your setup there, has a lot of the common songs. I know you asked for V3 but there really is not a lot out there, for only 24 channels V2.1 will really fill your need. But you can still import the V2 into V3, you will just need to make sure the sequence has a profile (.pro file)

Brant78
11-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Check out landolights.com, you can get several V2 sequences that you can adapt to your setup there, has a lot of the common songs. I know you asked for V3 but there really is not a lot out there, for only 24 channels V2.1 will really fill your need. But you can still import the V2 into V3, you will just need to make sure the sequence has a profile (.pro file)

Ok great! So how would that work? Would I just import those sequences into my setup and then tweak as I see necessary?

Ruppro
11-08-2017, 02:01 PM
I would download Vixen 2.1 and install it, that way you can open the sequences, some will have the profile, some will be flattened so its all one file, and see what the sequence is doing. Also create your display in V2 then your can copy and paste the effects you want from the downloaded sequence into a sequence for you display.

Brant78
11-08-2017, 05:47 PM
Does anyone have any advice on setting up sequencing in xlights?

MartinMueller2003
11-08-2017, 05:57 PM
xLights has a tutorial every Wednesday evening. You should log in and get direct advice.

DemoV3
11-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Landolights.com has a ton of them. I used a few for this year as I procrastinated and want something to play. Takes about an hour per minute to get it worked out right for my display and had to shift the entire thing a little to line up with the song.

Brant78
11-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Landolights.com has a ton of them. I used a few for this year as I procrastinated and want something to play. Takes about an hour per minute to get it worked out right for my display and had to shift the entire thing a little to line up with the song.

Do they have any new recent sequences? I saw them on there but they were all from 2010 or earlier

XmasLightGuy
11-20-2017, 11:15 PM
I've got a Renard Plus32 (this'll be my 1st Christmas season using it - previously I was using my own hardware/software on a really old PC)
I'm in the process of doing simple little sequences (not even using music)...For what I'm doing Vixen 3 seems fairly simple to do sequences once you get the 'Setup Display' figured out (I originally looked at NutCracker, but couldn't figure out how to do AC lighting, and went with Vixen because it was easier to figure out .. Now I'm sticking with it :) )

Brant78
11-22-2017, 09:34 PM
This is taking forever! I know I waited too long to start on this but I am having some real trouble just getting one song done. Any tips or tricks on knocking these out quicker? I'm hurting! LOL

MartinMueller2003
11-22-2017, 10:25 PM
I take 2 hours for every 10 seconds of music. Some people are faster, but if you want quality, you need to put in the time.

jeffu231
11-22-2017, 10:30 PM
It takes time. Becoming more efficient with your knowledge of the sequencer will help so when you have an vision for how it should look, you can be more efficient at laying down the effects to get you there.

jchuchla
11-22-2017, 10:36 PM
I spent about 4 hours on one minute today. 3 more minutes to go and i'll have my first new song for this season. I've got more than 12 hours left between today and Friday right?

MartinMueller2003
11-22-2017, 10:40 PM
I do my sequencing from January through June. After that I am testing and staging. Never waited until after setup to do the sequencing.

Brant78
11-22-2017, 10:47 PM
Iím pumped to get my show going but Iím afraid that I wonít get enough songs done. I just want three lol.

MartinMueller2003
11-22-2017, 11:00 PM
Get one done and you have a show. Add more as you finish them.

Pcguy17
11-23-2017, 12:21 AM
Once you find something you like you know you can highlight and copy and paste it. right that makes it go so much faster..I am using vixen 3 myself. i only have 11 channels i'm using this year so far i have 10 songs. couple are short. but they all work im so happy this my first year doing this.. been using a Mr Christmas box for many years