PDA

View Full Version : DIYLEDExpress Fail

sparkypriem
10-28-2017, 10:13 PM
Sure wish I would have read the uber long thread about the pre-sale issues with DIYLEDExpress before I placed an order, I since have read through it all in hope of finding some hope of resolution with my recent order, doesn't appear that will be the case.

2 weeks ago I placed an order not knowing all the ongoing issues, got my shipping confirmation within 2 days, 3 days later shipment arrives and I'm thinking this is great, what a great company to purchase from......then realized not so much after I opened the box as it was missing 4 strings of PixaBulbs. So I went to the site hoping to find a phone #, none to be found, only the 'Contact Us' link with an option to send a message to 'Todd' or 'Dave' so I sent a message to both. Todd responded within a few hours but was completely unhelpful, his response was

"Please contact Todd, those items ship from him."

I don't know the background of the pre-sale issues or the company in general but if the only means on the site of contacting them is to send to 'Todd' or 'Dave' a message one would hope that they would be in communications with each other, apparently not. The message seems as if they are operating independently. I asked Dave if he could kindly ping Todd to let him know about the issue with my order as Todd doesn't appear to be checking messages, no response.

Onto the second (and more expensive issue) issue....... I go today to start installing the 16 strings of pixels that did arrive with my order in the 6 Pixel Poles I have planned and yet another problem, I ordered 16 strings of 12V pixels (double checked my order confirmation to make sure it wasn't my mistake) and they sent me 5V pixels, good thing i break out the magnifying glass on every new vendor's pixels I buy to verify wiring. If your in the business of selling pixels, how is it even possible you send the wrong voltage especially at 16 stings.

Sent another 'Contact Us' message to both, here's hoping the pixels shipped from Todd, as at least he's responded to my initial request.

Anyone else having these types of problems with DIYLEDExpress with non pre-order, site says the items are in stock stuff?

Feel like I just threw $400 out the window (PixaBulbs and Pixels), and after reading the thread maybe more as I ordered an additional 5 p10 panels to add to my matrix which I haven't tested yet. Will be contacting my credit card company, hope it doesn't come down to that but after reading there facebook responses and the pre-sale thread there doesn't appear to be much hope in getting this resolved.

Anyone have a contact number for the company, guessing they won't answer but I'm certain my CC company will need this info when I file the complaint in hopes of getting my money back so I can buy the lights I need to finalize my display.

Straight up crazy these dudes are still in business after reading all the issues on here, seem like a couple of crooks stealing our money.

Skunberg
10-28-2017, 11:33 PM
Dave and Todd are just guy's in the hobby doing this on the side. It has grown too large to be on the side, but not big enough to be a business. And I think life has gotten in the way this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mrGrumpy
10-28-2017, 11:43 PM
Dave and Todd are just guy's in the hobby doing this on the side. It has grown too large to be on the side, but not big enough to be a business. And I think life has gotten in the way this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think you are misreading the situation. . . I think arrogance is getting in the way.

sparkypriem
10-29-2017, 12:00 AM
My favorite new hobby, throwing $400 out the window for fun

DaleP
10-29-2017, 01:28 AM
Step one,
Call the credit card company and cancel the payment.

Step two,
Ship back everything to them at your expense. Make sure to add delivery confirmation so they have to sign for it.

Step three,
Find a better retailer and re place your order.

You will be out a few bucks for return shipping, but will no longer have the headache of trying to get the correct order from them. Just consider it a lessen learned and move on. After hearing all of the bad stories I personally wouldn't wait around for them to make the order right. Just return all of it and run!

Good luck!
Dale P.

akareaper
10-29-2017, 08:08 AM
Send it back, contact Yvette at scottled.com and you'll get fast, quality products direct from the same place a lot of US vendors buy from. Great pricing too. They are on alibaba.com if you want to look at their products. I did the ray wu, paul zhang thing, this was my best option.

sparkypriem
12-08-2017, 12:28 AM
Been a while but wanted to give an update and my personal opinion as in DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH DIY LED EXPRESS, they are crooks as far as I'm concerned.

A few days after this post I received an email from Todd asking for pics to verify that i received 5V pixels instead of 12V, so I played along and sent the pics, next day got a return shipping label email and a personal email from him stating he was 'sorry for the inconvenience' and once the product is returned via the already provided return label a refund will be provided, no mention of the pixabulbs that were MIA in the original shipment, sent a response asking about the pixabulbs and received a reply within an hour so I'm thinking ok i over reacted with this post, just needed to have patience, honest mistake on them and it's being taken care of with good customer service.

Yeah not so much, I sent the 5v pixels back on November 1st, they were received by them per FedEx on 11/4 yet here we are a month + later, 3 inquiries as to where my refund is and no response. I guess shame on my for trusting he was going to take care of it, if I'd have kept the pixels I could have at least sold them or gave them to someone in the community in need of 5v pixels instead like the missling bulbs they are gone as well.

So frustrating

jerry72
12-08-2017, 01:28 AM
Been a while but wanted to give an update and my personal opinion as in DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH DIY LED EXPRESS, they are crooks as far as I'm concerned.

A few days after this post I received an email from Todd asking for pics to verify that i received 5V pixels instead of 12V, so I played along and sent the pics, next day got a return shipping label email and a personal email from him stating he was 'sorry for the inconvenience' and once the product is returned via the already provided return label a refund will be provided, no mention of the pixabulbs that were MIA in the original shipment, sent a response asking about the pixabulbs and received a reply within an hour so I'm thinking ok i over reacted with this post, just needed to have patience, honest mistake on them and it's being taken care of with good customer service.

Yeah not so much, I sent the 5v pixels back on November 1st, they were received by them per FedEx on 11/4 yet here we are a month + later, 3 inquiries as to where my refund is and no response. I guess shame on my for trusting he was going to take care of it, if I'd have kept the pixels I could have at least sold them or gave them to someone in the community in need of 5v pixels instead like the missling bulbs they are gone as well.

So frustrating

I can fell your pain, i am not out as much has you, but i got no resolution on my bad pig tails, i was not after a full refund, a ice discount on nsome new pigtails. But after asking for a small discount, i got the silent treatment. Ray Wu gets my full business from now on.

DaleP
12-08-2017, 05:40 PM
How did you pay? Credit card? Paypay? contact them and have the payment retracted. Act fast before it's too late! They only give you just so much time to do it.

In the future if a retailer doesn't issue a refund in a reasonable amount of time, go to plan B and call the credit card company.

Dale P.

DaleP
12-10-2017, 08:46 PM
I would also contact the police department and file a report of theft. Your probably going to need it for a claim with the credit card company and at this point the police should be involved any way.

Dale P.

DaleP
12-10-2017, 08:49 PM
So, I just realized that they are only an hour away from me. Have you tried their number? 920 803 1981

Popo-B-Trippin
12-11-2017, 11:16 AM
I would also contact the police department and file a report of theft. Your probably going to need it for a claim with the credit card company and at this point the police should be involved any way.

Dale P.

The police should/will not get involved in this. This is considered a civil matter which the police do not deal with, nor does it meet the statutory requirement for theft.