PDA

View Full Version : can I knock down the brightness on everything?

toozie21
10-23-2017, 07:17 AM
I only use the FPP to run my matrix (which is a 24x7 countdown to Christmas). It is currently out for Halloween and it alternates between doing a countdown script and some simple Xlights animations. At night stuff is VERY bright and it is a little painful on the eyes. I know that I can cut down the brightness in my script, but the animations are still going to blast out. Is there a way for me to dim the whole display via FPP? Ideally, I plan to dim it at 7PM, and turn up the brightness again at 7AM. Is that doable?

I am using an e682 to drive the matrix, so if the FPP can't do it, I might have to investigate if it has a way (but I am thinking probably not).

TIA!

ezellner
10-23-2017, 08:19 AM
I only use the FPP to run my matrix (which is a 24x7 countdown to Christmas). It is currently out for Halloween and it alternates between doing a countdown script and some simple Xlights animations. At night stuff is VERY bright and it is a little painful on the eyes. I know that I can cut down the brightness in my script, but the animations are still going to blast out. Is there a way for me to dim the whole display via FPP? Ideally, I plan to dim it at 7PM, and turn up the brightness again at 7AM. Is that doable?

I am using an e682 to drive the matrix, so if the FPP can't do it, I might have to investigate if it has a way (but I am thinking probably not).

TIA!

In the latest V5 firmaware on the E682, you can set intensity level to 100%, 50%, 25% and 12%. That's how I am adjusting my entire show. That is a one time setting though. I don't know how you could adjust automatically depending on time of day. You might have to create two almost identical sequences, one for morning and one for night and do it within your sequence.

kev
10-23-2017, 11:21 AM
you could setup two different sequences, one bright and one less bright, and set them to run on a different schedule starting/ending at the times you desire.