PDA

View Full Version : vixen question

gizmo
10-16-2008, 12:14 AM
i have made 2 seqs, im sure there is a way to have my "show" play #1 then go right into #2 and then #1 again and so on.

BUT HOW???
can anyone please explane in step by step lingo (this is my first attempt and) i do not know a lot about vixen.

Thank you in advance
SCott

Sloanhaus
10-16-2008, 01:13 AM
Go into programs and you can select the songs and put them in what order you want them to play... You can even go into schedule and set up dates and times for them to play.

toodle_pipsky
10-16-2008, 04:15 AM
To take that one step further - at the Vixen start up screen got PROGRAMS, MANAGE. This brings up the Program Management screen and you can create a list of sequences to run. Click the blue + button at the top to create a Program, and then basically it's click and drag sequences across.

Then go PROGRAMS, SCHEDULE. This brings up the Scheduler, which is pretty self explanatory and it pretty much functions exactly like the calendar in something like Outlook. Double clicking on the calendar will bring up the timer options - so you can run a sequence or program for x amount of times, or until a certain time for certain amount of days/weeks.

Also explaination here http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4427.

gizmo
10-16-2008, 09:14 AM
thank you both soooooo much im at work now (SHHHHHHH!!!!) i can hardly wait to get home and try this.

Just so i dont keep asking questions unnecessary is there a place to get a manual on vixen, or is it just try/ask/try?

thanks again

toodle_pipsky
10-16-2008, 09:21 AM
The forum is the best place I've found for info - and just working off trial and error. I guess it's a bit late in the year to be doing that though! I've got about 5 or 6 different "test" sequences where I've just messed about with fading, chases and different stuff I've built. I just copy and paste into my "proper" sequences when I'm happy with it or just applied what I've learnt to the beat of the music. Copy and paste is my best friend ;)

RavingLunatic
10-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Just so i dont keep asking questions unnecessary is there a place to get a manual on vixen, or is it just try/ask/try?

As always the best place to start is in the wiki. There is a lot of great info there, including How-To videos done by xmus that are very helpful to new users.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vixen

gizmo
10-16-2008, 11:15 AM
As always the best place to start is in the wiki. There is a lot of great info there, including How-To videos done by xmus that are very helpful to new users.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vixen

thanks for the info
i did go through xmus vids about 5 times each which has gotten me this far but does not go far enought for a total newb.

i did just go the the wiki and found info i have not seen before i guess i need to get better at searching the wiki.

Again THANKS so much

scott

gizmo
10-16-2008, 09:57 PM
got home and printed the wiki pages ( i do better with written instructions)and set up my first show (starts at 8pm in 5min)

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE HELPED ME THIS FAR (should i name names?)

a happy light guy,
scott

toodle_pipsky
10-16-2008, 10:38 PM
You could go on forever! For example "Thank you to the guy who pointed me to the wiki, and the guy who wrote the wiki entry, there's the people who suggested the wiki entry, there's the guy who wrote the program and the guy who hosts the site . . ." you could go on and on . . . ;)

Glad to hear you've had success! :)

gizmo
10-16-2008, 10:57 PM
You could go on forever! For example "Thank you to the guy who pointed me to the wiki, and the guy who wrote the wiki entry, there's the people who suggested the wiki entry, there's the guy who wrote the program and the guy who hosts the site . . ." you could go on and on . . . ;)

Glad to hear you've had success! :)

exactly...... did not want to leave anyone out.

now i need to get a 12 foot diameter spider web out a 7ft front door (ooops)

gizmo
10-17-2008, 01:21 PM
another question:

i got everything running and went to the rest room (i know TMI) adn when i returned the computer was in (sleep mode)power saving and teh show had stopped.

Is there a setting in the computer i need to disable, or do i have another problem?
scott

rlilly
10-17-2008, 01:57 PM
You must sit at the computer and move the mouse. No rest room during showtime.....:lol:

Go to Control panel->Display->screen saver->Power.

Set the appropriate settings to 'Never', and you can regain your rest room privilages!

gizmo
10-17-2008, 04:30 PM
You must sit at the computer and move the mouse. No rest room during showtime.....:lol:

Go to Control panel->Display->screen saver->Power.

Set the appropriate settings to 'Never', and you can regain your rest room privilages!

thanks

i knew it would be in there somewhere

Sloanhaus
10-18-2008, 01:59 AM
The forum is the best place I've found for info - and just working off trial and error. I guess it's a bit late in the year to be doing that though! I've got about 5 or 6 different "test" sequences where I've just messed about with fading, chases and different stuff I've built. I just copy and paste into my "proper" sequences when I'm happy with it or just applied what I've learnt to the beat of the music. Copy and paste is my best friend ;)

Can I get the vixen file with your different test sequences please

toodle_pipsky
10-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Sorry I deleted the tests I did once I got the hang of it all. Although, I just posted this http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=42667#post42667 that has 2 sequences.