PDA

View Full Version : Static when playing a vixen sequence

dadams14
10-14-2008, 01:46 PM
I have songs scripted and when I run them on VIXEN I hear static on my radio along with the music. I tried all sorts of noise suppression, but still static.
I shut down VIXEN and used meda player and played the same music and it is static free.. Anybody know if running VIXEN will cause static in the music?
I have to fix this or it will shut me down for Christmas.
Thanks in advance
Dennis

dadams14
10-14-2008, 01:47 PM
I meant WINDOWS MEDIA player.
Sorry

Penfold
10-14-2008, 04:02 PM
What you can try to do is put Ferrite beads on the cat5 going out to your light controllers. I believe I read that somewhere or heard that this could interfere with the FM transmitter causing that static.

I'm sure the seasoned verterans (Electronic Wizards):wink: would have better advice to give, but that is what I can think of off the top of my head.

flowblok
10-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Try running it in Vixen, without the transmitter.
If you can hear static, then it's a problem in Vixen.
If you can't hear static, then it's a problem with the transmitter. Things to consider:

(Above post)
Quality of cabling
Strength of signal from transmitter - try putting your radio really close to the transmitter.

I'm not an "electronic veteran", just a computer programmer - so I'm sure that they've got better suggestions than me!

TERBObob
10-18-2008, 04:34 PM
try putting your radio really close to the transmitter

also , try putting your transmitter further away from your PC .

Josh
10-18-2008, 04:48 PM
also check your input power(volume) as cheaper transmitters will cause static if its too high

dadams14
11-02-2008, 08:39 AM
The problem was caused by a pc with poor shielding. The Hard drive was very niosy and got into the audio. I had another PC and swapped it in and problem was solved.
Thanks to all who answeed

dhavard
12-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Ok, I am having a similar problem. When a sequence is running and I have almost all the lights on at one time, I get static over the FM transmitter. I have tried moving the Transmitter close, far away, and I have tried ferrite beads. Nothing seems to help. I have also tried lowering the volume on the pc too. I even moved where the fm transmitter is plugged in and still get it. Any ideas on what to try?