PDA

View Full Version : Radio Matrix Issues

fowler279
12-05-2016, 12:11 AM
I havent run into this issue since this is my first year doing this. But i have a small Radio Matrix that worked really well for Halloween and now for Christmas im having a few issues. Thinking my issue is either a power issue and i need to move it closer to the controller or power inject or there is an issue with the wiring. Out of the controller i connect the pigtail direct to Matrix and it works just fine. I made an extension cable approx 20' long and when i connect it, random pixels light up and it doesnt display the radio just crazy flickering. So just wanting some confirmation on what the issue is before i tear apart my extension cable or order a new enclosure for power injection. Thanks for any help!

MartinMueller2003
12-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Your controller cant drive through the cable (some can, some cant). You might try adjusting the output resistor to be more closely aligned with the impedance of the cable. Personally I find the procedure to do this pretty tiresome. My solution is to cut the cable in half and insert a buffer/driver or a null pixel into the line. This usually takes care of the issue.

fowler279
12-05-2016, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the info. Ill try that and see what happens. May just place it closer to controller for this season and play with it in the offseason.