PDA

View Full Version : The DIY Store -> Tool Recommendation

stempile
08-19-2007, 04:16 PM
It may be useful to add a sub forum to the DIY Store that would contain tool recommendation discussion and links. This is different then Vendors because it would be specific items.

ms

Macrosill
08-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Matt,
What kinds of tools are you talking about?

stempile
08-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Solder irons, Vice grips, storage containers, bench top test equipment. Stuff that people have found make up a great work bench, "Whats on your bench". So if someone new is looking for recommendations on a basic tool set they can start with what people have and like. IE - Soldering iron. I used a $10 one from RatShack most of my life, then on the recommendation of someone on some forum (can't remember) suggested one like what I have now and it has made my experience a LOT better and faster...

If tool recommendation is to specific then maybe just something about work area suggestions including tools. I would like to see what other people have come up with and share some of my own suggestions.

This could be just an area on the wiki as well. A "tools for getting started" page. However a sub-forum would be better to support a discussion.

ms

Macrosill
08-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Matt,
I see your point and agree, it might make it easier for someone to have a specific forum to ask about equipment recommendations. I just happen to be in a similar situation.

I have added a "Tools and Equipment" subforum to the DIY Store

Wayne J
08-19-2007, 06:25 PM
LOL, that was good timing. ;)

stempile
08-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Thanks for adding that so fast! Looks good. Keep up the good work.

ms