PDA

View Full Version : Lights in the stores!

KC
08-19-2007, 12:40 PM
I can't believe I'm posting this in mid-August, but I was recently in a Hobby Lobby and they have all of their Christmas items out, including full shelves of solid-colored lights. They were $3 box, though, which is high.

ErnieHorning
08-19-2007, 01:29 PM
The price will be coming down once the competing stores start stocking. I heard that Wal-Mart’s will be $2, up from $1.88 last year. I remember last year, my Menards was initially at $3. That was quickly remedied when Wal-Mart and Target brought their’s out at under $2.

wjohn
08-19-2007, 07:12 PM
3 $, What I would give to pay three dollars!!!!

lytnin
08-22-2007, 05:14 AM
3 $, What I would give to pay three dollars!!!!
I hear you John. What with all ours needing transformers :x

Hey, your contacts for making the boards don't have a contact for making light strings do they? :D :wink:

Cheers

DeanCollins
08-28-2007, 07:43 AM
lol I wish we could get them for $3 a set as well, try at least 5-6 times that just for the really small sets. I have found a chinese supplier that can do red for around US$3-$4 for single colour LED lights, either 240v or 24v, no controller and no power supply. Still trying to nut out some shipping/import pricing and hopefully will be organising an aussie bulk buy if there is enough interest, I dare say they will come in at around 8-12US per set..

sandy
09-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Went to a flea market this past weekend.
found a table full of Xmas lights including new ropes lights for $2 each.
Made his day.
Flattened my wallet a bit.

hutchijw
09-04-2007, 01:15 PM
I went to Big lots today to buy some extension cords. They had a few Christmas things out on display. Reindeer (with moving legs or head) for 16 bucks and some lights also. I picked up a few boxes of lights for $3.50 per box. The lights are 140 ct, lighted length is 31ft (33.5ft total) Not a super great price but it's good for the time of year I feel. They have about 40 left of the shelf there. If anyone is interested, I can pick up some for you.

Brad Riley
09-05-2007, 11:44 PM
I went to Costco tonight and found...er, ahh, ran away from, Costco's Kirkland brand mini lights for $14.95 a box!!!

Brad

Wayne J
09-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Lights! Lights! They are out on the shelves at our local Wal Mart. Wife is bringing home 5 sets of clear Icicle strings. :)

8)

Macrosill
09-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Lights! Lights! They are out on the shelves at our local Wal Mart. Wife is bringing home 5 sets of clear Icicle strings. :)

8)

Tell her to bring home 8 more for me!!!! :lol:

lbro
09-07-2007, 08:41 AM
I am going to Walmart tonight, I will check ours out.

stempile
09-18-2007, 03:54 PM
I was at Target in Roseville, CA today. They are running their brand 100 cnt for $2.39. I need to look up my notes for last years prices. LEDs were still very pricey.

It looks like they are still building the display. Might have brought out the lights last night or this morning.

ms

sandy
09-18-2007, 05:15 PM
The WalMarts in the Manch area of NH,
have the clear and multis for $2 a box.
No green, red or blue solids yet.

Brad Riley
09-18-2007, 06:31 PM
The local Target in Sparks, NV had lots of the 100 cnt @ $2.39, in clear, red, green, blue.
Picked up 15 strings today.

Brad

scharbon
09-21-2007, 06:30 PM
It is with deep remorse that I announce there are no more red and green mini-lights in the Alexandria, VA (22315) Walmart :( .

They are all in my truck :D .

Stopped in the Walmart on the way home from work and they had just stocked the shelves with their first batch of minis. As soon as they left, I bougth 50 boxes each of Green, Clear, Multi, and red (its my wife's fault she said if I was going to do this - I better not do some half-a**ed job!).

I caused quite a commotion as everyone stopped to see who was buying so many lights. Last thing I heard as I walked out the store was "Man, you'll be able to see his house from outer-space!"

And I thought buying the parts for the SSRs was expensive. Glad to report that all major purchases for this Christmas season are finished with a few minor exceptions (8 very long extension cords, 1000 ft of CAT 5, 32 RJ45 connectors, and a little thing called an FM transmitter :shock: ).

Oh yeah, I haven't enclosed my SSRs yet and I have only sequenced 3 songs. Objective is to be set up by Thanksgiving night so we can begin the first year of a new tradition - the annual initial holiday lighting ceremony - it will be bigger than Rockafeller!!!!. I think it should be called - - - um - - - Festivus!!!!

Steve

Wayne J
09-21-2007, 06:47 PM
(its my wife's fault she said if I was going to do this - I better not do some half-a**ed job!).
Objective is to be set up by Thanksgiving night so we can begin the first year of a new tradition - the annual initial holiday lighting ceremony - it will be bigger than Rockafeller!!!!. I think it should be called - - - um - - - Festivus!!!!

Steve

:lol: Heck yeah! Now she can't say one word... (better be able to see it from space though! :lol: )

"Festivus" cool... I like it! :wink:

8)

Brad Riley
09-21-2007, 09:51 PM
scharbon,

I bought 1000' of cat 5 including the crimping tool and a tester for about $75.00. I'll look up the web site and post it soon.
also, I suggest the Ramsey FM25B FM Transmitter kit. The instructions are very clear and concise. I built it in an afternoon while camping, made 1 adjustment, plugged in my Mp3 player and cranked Stevie Ray Vaughn on my truck radio!!!
Great sounding, clear, no unwanted noise. Then I drove 1 mile away and still had the signal. Think I better back the bias voltage off a little.

Brad

lbro
09-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Any more stores? Michaels Crafts Stores is the only store with stuff out around here, I can't wait for Target to start selling here.
Lou

Brad Riley
09-26-2007, 08:24 PM
They are in at Lowes!!!

Mudsculpter
09-28-2007, 01:47 PM
A Home Depot near me has skids of Christmas items on the floor ready to be put on the shelves. My shopping spree will begin when they put 'em on the shelves.

lbro
10-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Lowes has two aisle filled with stuff, lights, trees, inflatables,...... and people were buying.

rjanuary
10-08-2007, 12:24 PM
The Home Depot near me has their Halloween and Christmas displays right next to each other, right as your walk into the main doors. Talk about sensory overload! :lol:

Just walked into Garden Ridge this afternoon, they have a huge selection of Christmas lights!

Richard

sandy
10-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Lit Candy Canes at WalMart
$2.27 each
I don't have a picture of them yet but they stand about 2 to 3 feet tall,
and are sold individually or in 4-connected sets.
$2.27 is pretty cheap way to have a nice 'chase' going.