PDA

View Full Version : Need help with new computer

pmiller
11-08-2016, 01:50 PM
My original computer crashed and it's in the shop. In the meantime I got another computer. I had a backup zip file of vixen and unzipped it in the Vixen folder. I had to manually open each sequence and saved. Ran a sequence and noticed 3 rows of lights aren't lighting up on the pixel tree and other lights are coming on instead. Is there something I need to do to get my lights to work properly?

jchuchla
11-08-2016, 02:20 PM
You probably have some sort of discrepancy in your backup file from the most recent. I would double check your patching and output setup to make sure it is what it's supposed to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pmiller
11-08-2016, 03:42 PM
Yep Jon. The discrepancy was controller set up on both Vixen and the web. Lesson learned here. When I backed up Vixen I stupidly saved the file to the existing hard drive. Dumb, really dumb. My back up file dates back to 10-25 but at least I have one. Maybe 20 hours extra work. I just hope the computer place can retrieve my current backup. But, the show will go on. Thanks Jon.

pmiller
11-09-2016, 11:55 PM
The computer place was able to retrieve my latest backup. Whew. Even though I got a new computer, a Dell 3650 with 12 gigs ram, they installed a solid state drive in the other computer. Talk about fast. Windows 10 boots in less than 15 seconds. May have them install one in my new computer. Wickedly fast drives.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk