PDA

View Full Version : Vixen Remote Control via iPod Touch / iPhone

stempile
10-04-2008, 03:49 PM
This is kind of fun...!! I have uVNC (ultravnc.com) installed and use it to control the show computer from a wireless laptop. Nothing new there, other do that to. BUT recently I acquired a 2nd-hand iPod touch (in-laws upgraded to iPhones, would be nice but I don't want to pay for a second ISP).

Looking around at the apps for the iPod touch, I noticed there was a VNC client for the iPod touch / iPhone. It seems to work decently. I was easily able to start/stop the sequence (handy for when working the field, and selecting where in the sequence I wanted to start from). Also I was able to work the channel tester ok, its a little awkward. Thought the tester was a hassle I know this will come in handy. This interface won't be good for any sequence editing, but it will score points in the neat-o category!

I can now say I have computer controlled Christmas light display with an iPod interface... hehehe.

Anyone out there interested in developing a Vixen remote control iPod / iPhone client. That would be slick!

ms

tonypgst
10-04-2008, 04:07 PM
I have the exact same setup on my iTouch. :) It will make a quick check easy, but I still prefer the wireless laptop and suspect the laptop to be much better at longer testing sessions.

Virtus
10-04-2008, 09:49 PM
I have an old Dell Axim PocketPC that I do the same function with...really nice when outside and getting the cords connected correctly. While it is no iPhone...wait a tick, I should go see if my new Blackberry can do this...

bass_rock
12-07-2011, 03:12 PM
I know this thread is old but this was just released this year. http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?18266-Vixen-iPhone-App

LabRat
12-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Honestly??? You resurrect a three year old thread in order to promote your app, when the thread already shows a solution that works???

Puh-Leaze....