PDA

View Full Version : XLights FSEQ not playing correctly in FPP

mharnish
10-14-2016, 09:18 PM
Strange problem trying to run my xLights FSEQ files from my Pi 3 running FPP 1.8.32. If I output directly from xLights everything plays fine and the lights all work correctly. When I upload the FSEQ from my xLights directory up to FPP and try to play the sequence I get some of my vertical outline pixels lighting and a few random pixels on other strings but nothing like what the sequence should look like.

I used Keiths tool to take my xLights channel map and put it into FPP and the E1.31 screen looked good. After I had problems I figured I would rebuild everything from scratch in the mapping screen but that did not fix it.

Attached is a screenshot of the beginning of my E1.31 screen to show my setup. There are 181 Universes defined so it is too much to post unless you feel you need it for troubleshooting.

I went into the test screen in FPP and put in a channel range for various props and the correct prop lit up based on the channel numbers so the mapping is correct in FPP. I copied the mapping directly from the xLights Setup screen and when I play the sequence from xLights everything plays correctly.

It is when I take the FSEQ from xLights and try to run it in FPP that I just get the pixels on 3 of my vertical strips on my house outline. It is also strange that it is really just lighting up the verticals and none of the rest of my outline or any other props.

I don't have much hair left so I cannot afford to rip anymore out :)

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Mark

MindTrik
10-14-2016, 11:42 PM
If it's playing in XLights...but not FPP..your channel mapping isn't right. You'll need to post up the XLIGHTS mapping and FPP mapping in their entirety in order for someone to be able to help. An easy way to see is to grab the first 3 channels of every model on the effected universe or universes and light that 1 pixel up via FPP test to see if it's where it's supposes to be

mharnish
10-15-2016, 07:41 AM
That was my thought but I put in the channels for specific props in the FPP test screen and the correct pixels lit up so the mapping looks correct.

Attached are the files from xLights including one of the sequences and the E1.31 FPP mapping.

Thanks guys!

dpitts
10-15-2016, 08:28 AM
Maybe it is the FSEQ file post a link to the one that you are trying to play that matches these files.

mharnish
10-15-2016, 08:28 AM
After a complete shutdown and restart of my Pi 3 it looks like I am a little further along. The sequence seems to be playing but it will light the first lights used in the sequence then pause a few sequence and move to the next lights in the sequence. The music plays through as normal but the lights seem to take 1 step then pause a second or 2 then show the next step. I would not call it a stutter as it is literally seconds of pause before the lights change.

dpitts
10-15-2016, 08:30 AM
Are all your controllers online so the PI can see them all? Every unicast controller defined in FPP needs to be alive and active.

mharnish
10-15-2016, 08:40 AM
Maybe it is the FSEQ file post a link to the one that you are trying to play that matches these files.

It is doing it with all of my sequences though. Here is a link the FSEQ for one of them.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Arou3bU8hNx1xyYlgg5cqOlrS9qs

dpitts
10-15-2016, 08:51 AM
So were all controllers online when testing? This is very important when using Unicast?

kwoodard
10-15-2016, 09:07 AM
So were all controllers online when testing? This is very important when using Unicast?
I can second this. I ran into this exact issue last night while testing some new elements. Finally, I turned off all the non active controllers in FPP and the sequence played perfectly. I did not realize this behavior beforehand and now I'm concerned that a controller failure during my show will cause the entire show to mess up instead of a single element or two.

Keith

mharnish
10-15-2016, 09:31 AM
Interesting, there are a couple of controllers defined that are not being used since they are only needed for Christmas. Should I disable the controllers in FPP that are not in my Halloween?

mharnish
10-15-2016, 09:41 AM
That solved it!! Thank you sooo much!

Now to finish putting my Falcon into it's CG1500 so I can finally play with it :)

dpitts
10-15-2016, 04:19 PM
I can second this. I ran into this exact issue last night while testing some new elements. Finally, I turned off all the non active controllers in FPP and the sequence played perfectly. I did not realize this behavior beforehand and now I'm concerned that a controller failure during my show will cause the entire show to mess up instead of a single element or two.

Keith

You can always run in multicast if it becomes a problem.

ghormann
10-16-2016, 06:39 PM

This one burned me last night too. I wasted a few hours trying to figure out why the FPP was generating so little network traffic. Turned all the controls and problem solved. :-) Wish I would have seen this post sooner...