PDA

View Full Version : setting up a schedule??????

MrLights2000
10-02-2008, 08:36 PM
hi im going camping next weekend and i have three sequences done that i would like to put in show how exactlly do i do this????

thanks,

danny

dmcole
10-03-2008, 12:18 PM
In Vixen, choose

Programs --> Manage

* At the Program Management Window, click on the + sign in the "Programs" pane.

* Name your program.

* Drag sequences from the "Available Sequences" pane to the "Programs" pane. (See PS below.)

*Click on the radio button "Use a profile" and pick your standard profile.

*Underneath the "Select Profile" button, add the amount of time you want between sequences.

*Click OK.

You can execute this program manually by clicking on the right triangle, which is at the top of the bottom, center pane (which is named after your program name).

To schedule a program to launch at a specified time or reoccur at specified times, go to

Programs --> Schedule

*Scroll to the time you want the program to start.

*Double click on the time period (you click to the right of the time).

*In the Timer window, choose your program in the "Item to Execute" pane.

*Also choose the time to start in the "Execution Start" pane.

*Determine how often the program will occur in the "Recurrence" pane ("None," "Daily," "Weekly," "Monthly" and "Yearly" are the options).

*Click OK.

To schedule, you will need to insure that your computer is running at the time that the program is set to launch. The easiest way to accomplish this is to leave the PC running all the time. The second-easiest way is to use an Intel-based Macintosh running Windows, which can be set to boot-up (and shut down) at specified times each day. The third-easiest way is to use a combination of a hardware power-up device (i.e.: a lamp timer) and Scheduled Tasks (in Windows' Control Panels).

Attached are some screen shots.

\dmc

PS: I have noted a bug at this point in Vixen, where the first sequence dragged over doesn't show in the far-right column. The work-around is to drag the first sequence, save the program and then edit it; when you open it the second time, the sequence shows in the right-hand column. This is a cosmetic bug only.

joneslights
10-05-2008, 12:10 AM
Does the computer need to be running Vixen for the Sequence to start?

toodle_pipsky
10-05-2008, 12:20 AM
As far as I know, yes. Just put Vixen in "start up" so it's there when the computer turns on.

dmcole
10-05-2008, 11:16 AM
Does the computer need to be running Vixen for the Sequence to start?

To schedule, you will need to insure that your computer is running at the time that the program is set to launch. The easiest way to accomplish this is to leave the PC running all the time. The second-easiest way is to use an Intel-based Macintosh running Windows, which can be set to boot-up (and shut down) at specified times each day. The third-easiest way is to use a combination of a hardware power-up device (i.e.: a lamp timer) and Scheduled Tasks (in Windows' Control Panels).

The funny thing about Scheduled Tasks is that while the application is logged on, the screen shows the log-in prompt or the screen saver.

\dmc