PDA

View Full Version : Target Spooky tree replacement parts

arw01
05-23-2016, 01:48 AM
Have one of the original 2004 year Target "spooky trees". They are black with 3 feet, 2 arms with hands, eye ligds, and 3 twigs growing out the top of the head. A number of the appendages move back and forth or up and down.

I am in need of some replacement parts for said prop.

First I need a frosted purple 2.5v bulb or three, same with a frosted white.

Second, i am trying to find out what these are called so I can source some.

Thank you
Alan

sjswanner
05-23-2016, 04:54 AM
Your part is called a ball joint rod end. McMaster-Carr sales them and most farm stores.

Keith R
05-23-2016, 11:20 AM
If you buy the ones from McMaster-Carr, the stainless ones are very stiff. I bought some of these for my 3-axis skulls and ended up getting the less expensive zinc plated ones because the movement was smoother. They also have brass and nylon.

arw01
05-23-2016, 04:30 PM
Thank you gentlemen, will put that into the quiver. A fellow on the Facebook post thought my local Ace may carry them and I will check that out tonight.

Now who has 2.5v incandescent bulbs in frosted or painted glass so I may find my white teeth and a couple more green as spares?

nailhead_ford
05-24-2016, 03:37 PM
Looks more like a heim joint not a ball joint. If the joint has hole it is a heim joint., if it has a ball and shaft it is a ball joint.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

arw01
05-24-2016, 05:20 PM
If you buy the ones from McMaster-Carr, the stainless ones are very stiff. I bought some of these for my 3-axis skulls and ended up getting the less expensive zinc plated ones because the movement was smoother. They also have brass and nylon.

So far ACE has not had any, and McMaster-Carr does not have 10-24 female thread, so still on the hunt.