PDA

View Full Version : Transition Help FPP and V3

yosemite
01-01-2016, 01:08 PM
I have a new Raspberry Pi that I want to use to run my show in 2016. I went to the Falcon website watched the videos and followed along
Downloaded the software and have it running on a network.
My next step I think is to convert a V3 .vix file to fseq file but I can't seem to find any information on how to do that.
Also, I am running SSRenard boards and need to know how to output to them with the FPP.
Is there a WIKI or website I can use ?

Thanks I advance !

BigAlsTwinkle
01-01-2016, 01:40 PM
In Vixen, with the sequence you are wanting to transfer open, use the Export as Fseq under the File tab, that will create the Fseq file to transfer to the FPP.

As for the Output setup on the FPP under the outputs setup tab, simply choose Renard and the total number of channels you have.

yosemite
01-01-2016, 04:46 PM
thanks !, I can't believe I missed it. I was looking in the main menu not the sequence.

m00dawg
01-01-2016, 05:37 PM
Be aware, some folks (including me) were having issues with Vixen 3.2 producing proper FPP files. The devbuilds seem to not have this problem. Now that that season is almost over, I'd expect to see a new stable update soonish but if you find that you are getting some funky behavior, you might try a devbuild. Just keep good backups (my house preview seems to get blown away fairly often on the devbuild I'm using).

jeffu231
01-09-2016, 09:09 PM
The final 3.2u2 release build has those issues fixed.