PDA

View Full Version : V3_Export to FPP_ Show missing pieces

ThinkAgainAgain
12-01-2015, 10:18 PM
I have a problem with my show missing segments of each sequence... or the whole sequence completely for a song.

I tried exporting 4 different times now with different results. I've exported with the 25m/s resolution and 50m/s resolution - both with no (complete) success.

i feel like I'm missing something or a step prior to exporting.

~Sean

hunter
12-01-2015, 10:24 PM
Yeah me too I can't get it to do anything and I don't know what's going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThinkAgainAgain
12-01-2015, 10:48 PM
I've been working on this for months and it's been a total let down when things aren't functioning properly.

I'm going to try a new USB memory stick....

pteller
12-01-2015, 10:52 PM
I had this problem too. I downloaded the latest V3 dev build and used it to export my sequences, which solved the problem for me. All the normal warnings with dev builds applies...your mileage may vary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

paudyd
12-01-2015, 11:28 PM
I had the same problem exporting V3 to V2.1 I tried another vixen users profile and files that they shared. Their sequence exported without flaws. I checked their build number and it matched mine???

I have another computer with Vixen installed and that exports fine so I have had a work around. Maybe try another computer like I did.

BTW you probably would be better off posting this under Vixen 3 instead of FPP.

ThinkAgainAgain
12-01-2015, 11:33 PM
I had the same problem exporting V3 to V2.1 I tried another vixen users profile and files that they shared. Their sequence exported without flaws. I checked their build number and it matched mine???

I have another computer with Vixen installed and that exports fine so I have had a work around. Maybe try another computer like I did.

BTW you probably would be better off posting this under Vixen 3 instead of FPP.

Well, I posted here - because I thought the problem was the Falcon Pi or the exporting to the FPP. - Not totally sure... but it's starting to sound like I need to save everything to a USB stick and move it to another computer for exporting.... I'll that a shot - Thanks for the info - I'll be back a bit later with results.

TazChaLet
12-01-2015, 11:35 PM
I have problems at time with sequences missing things exporting out of vixen 3 into vix 2 then xlight

chris2879
12-01-2015, 11:54 PM
I had issues exporting sequences for the FPP that were mainly longer than 2ish minutes. I downloaded the latest dev #152 and the exports work fine. I had 1 set that was "funny" but restarted my PC and reexported and never saw the issue again. I am running 240 renard channels and 1496 pixels this year.

I too got really discouraged when the exports weren't working, but thanks to the support of the Vixen team and this forum, then finding out the later dev version fixed the issue was a huge relief.

pcmom
12-01-2015, 11:56 PM
I had the same issue with missing 1/2 sequences and then an issue that was user caused! However, after I posted about it, was told there is a known bug in the current release Vixen 3.2.u1 for exporting. The latest dev build has the bug corrected. I'm also exporting from V3 to V2.1 and converting to fseq in xlights. So, as another user posted above, download the dev build at your own risk but it seems to be stable and the export works fine.

jeffu231
12-02-2015, 12:02 AM
There is a known issue exporting in the 3.2u1 release. This problem has been fixed in the dev builds. Build #152 is stable and solves the export problem along with various other bugs.

TazChaLet
12-02-2015, 12:12 AM
I have the latest build and did the export in it other day and found tonight when show ran had a few pixels on one arch not lite checked sequence all is fine in vixen tested the arch with xlights fine and in other sequences it has them lighting gonna try too export right too fseq and play with xlight and see if that helps
I had the same issue with missing 1/2 sequences and then an issue that was user caused! However, after I posted about it, was told there is a known bug in the current release Vixen 3.2.u1 for exporting. The latest dev build has the bug corrected. I'm also exporting from V3 to V2.1 and converting to fseq in xlights. So, as another user posted above, download the dev build at your own risk but it seems to be stable and the export works fine.

ThinkAgainAgain
12-02-2015, 09:13 PM
There is a known issue exporting in the 3.2u1 release. This problem has been fixed in the dev builds. Build #152 is stable and solves the export problem along with various other bugs.

Thank You - Thank You - Thank you!!!

This worked and my show is finally working and complete!!!

Timsk
12-09-2015, 11:23 AM
I finally got my FPP set up and running last night and connected to my Ren SS24. All of my sequences seem to lose output about 1/2 to 3/4 the way through. My first thought was that the conversion from Vixen to .FSEQ was bad. By the time I got things going last night it was too late for me to poke around. I'm glad I found this thread now, as the next set of steps for troubleshooting are not very appealing. I'm going to download the latest Dev build of Vixen and try the export again. Hopefully that works.

holtm
12-09-2015, 01:14 PM
The dev build #152 is now the non-dev build 3.2u2

Timsk
12-09-2015, 02:04 PM
The dev build #152 is now the non-dev build 3.2u2

Good to know. I'll download this tonight after work and see if that works.

Timsk
12-09-2015, 11:25 PM
Updating to build 3.2u2 did the trick. My show is now up and fully running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk