PDA

View Full Version : Configuring SACN E1.31 FPP and Vixen 3

JCook
11-16-2015, 08:19 PM
Do I need to configure the SACN destinations in Vixen 3 and do it again in the FPP software?

CaptainMurdoch
11-17-2015, 04:23 AM
Yes, currently there is no way to import the controller configs from any sequencer into FPP.

pstube731
11-17-2015, 11:11 AM
You only need to have the controllers correctly patched for all of your channels. The only reason you would need to setup the controllers with SACN destinations in Vixen was if you were going to be controlling lights with Vixen but it sounds like you are just using the FPP. So short answer long, no. Technically you could just have one controller in Vixen with all your channels and patch the channels the way you need it to.

pixelpuppy
11-17-2015, 07:37 PM
I agree with pstube. If you are using the FPP for driving the pixels, then you don't need the sACN info in Vixen3. It can be just one big generic controller (doesn't even have to be the sACN controller type) with the right number of channels. When Vixen3 exports to FSEQ its just one big string of channel data. There is no Universe info inside of a .fseq file, so even if you do have sACN set up in the Vixen controllers, it doesn't get used during the FSEQ export. You just have to have the right number of channels in the right order.

With that said, I do have the correct sACN info in my Vixen3 controller setup because sometime I drive the pixels directly from Vixen3. Mostly during testing and sequence tweaking. Then when I'm satisfied with it I export to FSEQ and feed that file to the Falcon Pi Players.

Remember that the input to the FPP (.fseq file) is just a big long string of channel data and all the channels are interpreted as absolute channel numbers starting at 1. Then, the FPP configuration maps those absolute channel numbers into sACN Universe/Channel data to send out to the E1.31 controllers

JCook
11-17-2015, 11:52 PM
Thanks, I understand what you are saying. I only have 1 controller setup in Vixen it is 14,421 channels

One more question on this.

In my E682 each universe is 510 channels where as the FPP shows 512? How do you adjust for this? Do I just manually change the start and size for each universe? I am use unicast.

pixelpuppy
11-18-2015, 12:23 AM
Change the FPP so it has Universe size 510 to match the E682.
The easiest way to do this is using the "CLONE" button on the FPP E1.31 Ouputs configuration screeen.
Set your first Universe to size 510 and then CLONE it for th count of the remaining universes.

Oh one other thing. The "Start Channel" on the FPP screen is the Absoulte channel number, not the Universe relative channel. These columns are kinda backwards on the current version and I think they will be swapped in a future version.