PDA

View Full Version : bypassing FPP/PI

stallionent
10-12-2015, 09:35 AM
My controller doesn't see a network (FPP/PI) I want to bypass the PI and connect directly to my xlights thru my modem. What do I do?

4586shaggy
10-12-2015, 10:24 AM
Your post a little confusing, you cannot connect to xlights through your modem... You would have to have a router or a switch going from your computer to the controller that you want to control. Can you give us some more info on your setup? What equipment do you have connected? You should be connecting to your Pi either through wifi or through a network switch/router.

stallionent
10-12-2015, 10:48 AM
I want to temporally bypass the PI. I had the PI/FPP talking to the controller for at least the past week or so. Now the controller says "Can't connect to the network" I have an extra powered switch and a 40 ft Ethernet cable to run from the switch to the controller. And an Ethernet cable to run from my PC to the switch. Xlights has a way of talking to the controller?

4586shaggy
10-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Yes they do, I don't use xLights personally, but i would assume it would be in a controller setup/output page. you should be able to set an ip for controller and setup your configuration for the lights being used.

budude
10-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Yes xLights can completely run your show/setup just fine.

stallionent
10-12-2015, 03:08 PM
Thanks