PDA

View Full Version : Rope light recommendation

chicken
09-19-2015, 09:51 PM
My parents have about 15 wireframe display pieces on their roof that were all build about 25+ years ago. They were last redone with incadesent rope light about 15 years ago. Over the years a few sections of the rope light broke here or there and we either replaced an entire strand if it was easy enough or just cut out the broken section and soldered in a replacement section. Last year we lost 10-15 sections while the display was up. So when we took down the lights we ripped off all of the rope lights and tossed them so we would be forced to put new lights on them this year.

All of the rope lights were just from Osh hardware and Home Depot and either they were decent quality or we got lucky. I want to buy preferably led rope light this year to redo all of them but just want to make sure I get decent quality lights and not some Chinese special that breaks after a season. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a high quality led rope light we could use. Figuring I need about 700 or so. Thanks

FrankAZ
09-21-2015, 06:29 PM
I've always had good luck with the rope lights from Action Lighting (http://www.actionlighting.com/150-roll-2-wire-3-8-crown-rope-light-206m/)

One thing to always consider is the "cut" segment. Incandescent rope light is primarily 18" and the LED is 30"

Of course! The last time I purchased ropelight - the LED was about three times the price it is now.