PDA

View Full Version : PixNode Net

ronaldpa2
09-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Anyone have one of these working ? Looks like an easy matrix to build ? Would like to see it in action. Although seems expensive when you have to buy 500 - 1000 nodes..

PIC
11-02-2015, 12:45 AM
First year trying it. I have two pieces going on my front columns of my house. Used 3/4" pvc as frame. Used Velcro straps and tie wraps to connect the two. I also want it to blend in so I painted it to match my columns. Appears to be working. Il
Btw...if I did it again i would have more horizontal rungs on my pvc to give more support to the matrix. Seems like it may sag a little in between rungs.

bpos
11-07-2015, 04:04 AM
Yes we have 3 under way.. They are nice. We built a 1/2 in square tube frame with 1 support in the middle. Then screwed it in with self tappers. Looks really nice and clean. pixels hold in well. So far so good.

Phrog30
11-07-2015, 10:15 AM
Anyone have one of these working ? Looks like an easy matrix to build ? Would like to see it in action. Although seems expensive when you have to buy 500 - 1000 nodes..
I would recommend the matrix from Boscoyo. Very sturdy and high quality.

Tiger62651
11-17-2015, 01:43 AM
I have one of this and my issue 3 of the side has very small area in which to attach to a frame. I made one of wood and not much to secure it well enough. then the machine which cuts the lengths cut my 48th column to short at an angle, Top row had just same length at other 3 sides but my bottom row had like 1/16th inch width so I had to loose one row just to attach to my frame. So instead of 24x48 mine is now 24x47. just got lights in and testing to make sure they work before i install them.

bpos
11-18-2015, 04:14 AM
It works well with thin steel box tube or anything that might be 3/4 in width or smaller. You can come in one row on the ends to secure. That way you can keep the full 48 columns. The trick is to build a frame before you install the pixels. I found out the hard way.. Building a frame around the pixels is tough. I had to do some welding around the pixels.. Not the best way to do it.. But all worked well.

Tiger62651
11-24-2015, 09:01 PM
Well I do say the net does work well, here is mine done in basement for testing, on house looks really nice.

Now ive done some more searching and ran into this
http://boscoyostudio.com/products/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_30&products_id=59&zenid=eoal2rhf9ht7qdomrv98fpisr1
nice part 1 standard 1 inch apart and you decide how far apart you want you lights. He lists 3 different for 1 inch, 2 inch or 3 inch apart so you could decide. He also has other items which seem reasonable priced. Anyone use any of these can input, I may order couple things from there since it has more choices.

edit: if your curious about the countdown, find my other post under matrix build has info there.

PIC
11-26-2015, 01:16 PM
Got mine mounted yesterday.

They blend in well except for my brackets. Ran out of time to paint my brackets. Oh well that's what I get for procrastinating on hanging them.
First trial run last night went great! They look really good.