PDA

View Full Version : Import sequence from another sequencing program

lightshowlane
12-22-2014, 04:45 PM
Hello,
I am new to V3 and didn't find any threads regarding importing sequences from different programs such as LightShowPro, Animation Director or any other program. Is this possible?

TazChaLet
12-22-2014, 05:10 PM
ok you need too open your vixen 3 click on open sequence bottom corner change the file too vixen2 (vix) then go too where your sequences are and select the sequence it will ask for the audio file and your profile also then you can map the stuff I havent done it but found it just now looking too see for you

jchuchla
12-22-2014, 05:29 PM
We only support imports from vixen 2.1 at this point. And it's reccomended to only import sequences that do not contain complex effects (like nutcracker or animation type stuff) this is because the conversion routines cannot decode these complex effects into something vixen can efficiently use. The result will be a very large number of small simple effects that may render that sequence unusable in vixen 3. It may also cause the importer to run out of memory and crash.
You can cross convert several popular sequence formats by using xlights to get them into the vixen 2.1 format that can be brought into vixen 3.

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ggusta
01-03-2015, 11:13 PM
What i would do is first import the sequence into xlights (which is a free software scheduler) then export them into a vixen 2.1 sequence and then import them onto vixen 3. When you import into vixen 3 you will have to crate a mapping

ggusta
02-22-2015, 01:52 PM
it'snot allowing us to import anything into vix 3.1u2 from vix 2.1

jchuchla
02-22-2015, 01:55 PM
Can you please explain the steps you're taking and where in the process it is failing.

The process for importing V2 sequences is to use the "Open Sequence" button from the main vixen screen. This will invoke the import wizard.