PDA

View Full Version : Latest Update...

kmc123
07-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Well - I had one heck of a day!

I finally got around to getting the base for my Mega Tree done, and although it doesn't look like much, it took HOURS to complete!

If you want to see the pictures (They're kinda boring :) ), they're on my site on the Mega Tree page...

TERBObob
07-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Hummm ... not boring to ALL of us - LOL
now for weird news ..
Went to your site , looked under the MEGA TREE section and could only find the post thingy and sprinkler cover ?:confused:
Not sure if thats what you meant by "your base" or not . Mine ( base ) is a ring of PVC piping that is filled with that GREAT STUFF expanding foam , and bent in a 180 circle with "S" hooks mounted at 6 inches apart to connect the light strings to .

And I KNOW how "fun" those MEGA tree's can be . Just finished doing one of mine ( doing two of them ) and man .... talk about getting PO'ed ....
Those dog-gone HD lights , even though they say they measure out to 24 ft for a strand ... they DON'T . And when you base your measurements around this ... ARGHHHHHHHHH ! ! ! ! $%^&@#$##! ! ! !

jeffathompson
07-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Hummm ... not boring to ALL of us - LOL
now for weird news ..
Went to your site , looked under the MEGA TREE section and could only find the post thingy and sprinkler cover ?:confused:
Not sure if thats what you meant by "your base" or not . Mine ( base ) is a ring of PVC piping that is filled with that GREAT STUFF expanding foam , and bent in a 180 circle with "S" hooks mounted at 6 inches apart to connect the light strings to .

And I KNOW how "fun" those MEGA tree's can be . Just finished doing one of mine ( doing two of them ) and man .... talk about getting PO'ed ....
Those dog-gone HD lights , even though they say they measure out to 24 ft for a strand ... they DON'T . And when you base your measurements around this ... ARGHHHHHHHHH ! ! ! ! $%^&@#$##! ! ! !

Measure First, Then Build

kmc123
07-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Yup -The "Post Thingy" is what I was talking about :)

It's the base of the mast / center pole.

I'm not even close to the ring yet! How did you get Great Stuff through a 10' section of pipe? Did you seal one end around the output straw?

Why did you put the Great Stuff in the pipes?

When you said 180, did you mean you made 2 180's that break down for storage?