PDA

View Full Version : YMCA- Noel Parody song?

Penfold
07-02-2008, 01:09 PM
I saw a video where a house was sinked to a YMCA song parody called NOEL I think. The owner of the house was decked out in a santa outfit and danced away as the house blinked. I would love to do the similar thing as I already have the Santa outfit, but I don't have the song. Does anybody know where I can download or purchase this song?

Wayne J
07-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Penfold, I have been doing some reading, (trying to find this song) and came across something you may want to consider and not use this song. The song YMCA is under copywrite and the company SCORPIO MUSIC S.A. is VERY blatantly active at enforcing it. They scour the internet looking for any link to the music and have them removed. Just a thought.

Penfold
07-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Very well :-( I guess I will be a good boy. Thanks Wayne.

Wayne J
07-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Very well :-( I guess I will be a good boy. Thanks Wayne.

I really wasn't try to rain on the parade, just google the name above and read a bit and make your own decision, please. I just wanted to make you aware that for some reason, from what little I read, they are dead on protecting the copywrite of that song, it seems. :wink:

Penfold
07-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks Wayne. I do appreciate your looking out for "the little guy". I guess it would have really stunk if I got Scorpio Music knocking on my door with a copyright infringement clause and a nice hefty fine to boot.

Thanks again.:-)

I will have to find something else to dance to in the front yard. Hmmm. Maybe the Night Santa Went Crazy, by Wierd Al Yankovic........Nah too dark.......OOOOOH!! Christmas at Ground Zero, by Wierd Al Yankovic........ Darn too dark also. Well I guess it will have to be I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas by Gayla Peevy.

WakeFan
07-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Well I guess it will have to be I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas by Gayla Peevy.

I've started that sequence. My family really likes that song for some reason. I'm starting to get tired of it.:p

Wayne J
07-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks Wayne. I do appreciate your looking out for "the little guy". I guess it would have really stunk if I got Scorpio Music knocking on my door with a copyright infringement clause and a nice hefty fine to boot.

Thanks again.:-)

I will have to find something else to dance to in the front yard. Hmmm. Maybe the Night Santa Went Crazy, by Wierd Al Yankovic........Nah too dark.......OOOOOH!! Christmas at Ground Zero, by Wierd Al Yankovic........ Darn too dark also. Well I guess it will have to be I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas by Gayla Peevy.

This one was a big hit with the kids last year for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWn3GkkAl8

omzig
07-04-2008, 12:03 AM
I've started that sequence. My family really likes that song for some reason. I'm starting to get tired of it.:pI feel your pain. My daughter likes "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" so much that we bought it on CD for her last Christmas. This was right about the time she figured out how to use the repeat function on her CD player. She played it over and over and over and over... So I figure I'm going to have to include it in my display this year too.

As far as the copyright issues go, I think that most of the songs that we use probably constitute infringement. I'm not a lawyer (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once), but even if you purchase a song, using it for a public performance isn't considered fair use. I'm assuming it's similar to movies. We showed the movies "The Gospel of John" and "Passion of the Christ" at our church, and both required special permission, even though we didn't make any money from them. Both of these were open to the public.

WWNF911
07-04-2008, 01:24 AM
I saw a video where a house was sinked to a YMCA song parody called NOEL I think. The owner of the house was decked out in a santa outfit and danced away as the house blinked. I would love to do the similar thing as I already have the Santa outfit, but I don't have the song. Does anybody know where I can download or purchase this song?

Penfold, I have been doing some reading, (trying to find this song) and came across something you may want to consider and not use this song. The song YMCA is under copywrite and the company SCORPIO MUSIC S.A. is VERY blatantly active at enforcing it. They scour the internet looking for any link to the music and have them removed. Just a thought.

Personally,

I'd run it until they knocked on the door and presented me with the Cease and Desist letter.
I like to use the "I'm new here" excuse. Thats good for about five years.

Or as Homer would say "It's my first day". (Thats Homer Simpson sir he been with the company 10 years.) Doh!!!

TERBObob
07-04-2008, 05:42 AM
Ahhh what the heck , might as well toss in my pennies worth .

If , ( and for two letters , thats a MIGHTY big word ) , there is any case of copy right infringement , I do believe they would shut down YOUTUBE , way before they come knocking on your door .

artzy
07-04-2008, 05:57 AM
Could you imagine the uproar and negative publicity they would suffer if they did actually try to shut down Christmas displays.

Wayne J
07-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Personally,

I'd run it until they knocked on the door and presented me with the Cease and Desist letter.
I like to use the "I'm new here" excuse. Thats good for about five years.

Or as Homer would say "It's my first day". (Thats Homer Simpson sir he been with the company 10 years.) Doh!!!

I do believe that is what I would do, but that is me. I have a friend that is eat up with worrying about copywrite infringments, which is why I bring it up.