PDA

View Full Version : 20,000 Pixel Matrix

Electrified3
11-29-2014, 08:46 PM
Finally getting closer, managed to get model right and power up a 216 * 90 (60 LED/M) matrix today. Still a few details to work out, only running at 40% but still very bright. Real Life looks much better than video! Think it gave me a tan today, blinding bright working on it in a garage!

Dimensions are 12' wide x 6' tall using a 16mm polycarbonate triple wall panel, have 12 E682's driving it using 24 300 Watt 5VDC power supplies. Pixels and power from DIYLED Express, controllers from Jim @ Sandevices, thanks to Captain Murdoch for the FPP support and Sean Meighan for the awesome XLights/Nutcracker software, all sequencing done with XLights exclusively! Just need to do some testing with the FPP to finalize it and should be ready to be on display by next Friday.

Thanks to all who made this possible, hope you like the video.

https://vimeo.com/113173429

DrNeutron
11-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Man, you have been busy!
That looks freaking awesome!:pragnie:
How is it going to be mounted and on what?

Electrified3
11-29-2014, 09:30 PM
Man, you have been busy!
That looks freaking awesome!:pragnie:
How is it going to be mounted and on what?

Thanks, Much appreciated, this has been a lot of work. Have been building this with the local college students.

The fabricator I had working on the sub-structure didn't come through in time, but the local carpenters have stepped forward and are erecting a scaffold to use to get it running for this year, hopefully will get the substructure done for next year, suppose to have many more props all around it but getting this going was enough for this year, will give me something to improve upon for next year! Will get some more video once I have it tuned in better with it in location.

Puts my count to 50,000 pixels this year once this is in place, was shooting for 60,000 so 50 out of 60 to me is a good accomplishment! Can't thank the people in my community enough for all the help and support they have given me to make this happen!

beeiilll
11-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Holy Cow! :ninja:

That is intense, awesome, scary, and down right insane there!

Congratulations just doesn't seem like it begins to say it! You should be proud of it for sure.

What pixels are you using in it just out of curiosity?

Hope you get a chance to enjoy the tan from it and have at least a six pack for all that work!

Bill

duramadmax
11-29-2014, 09:44 PM
Man what a project and $$$$...wow

Electrified3
11-29-2014, 09:49 PM
Holy Cow! :ninja:

That is intense, awesome, scary, and down right insane there!

Congratulations just doesn't seem like it begins to say it! You should be proud of it for sure.

What pixels are you using in it just out of curiosity?

Hope you get a chance to enjoy the tan from it and have at least a six pack for all that work!

Bill

Was just 2812b's 60 LED/M from DIYLEDEXPRESS, just had them custom made to the length I needed, didn't want to cut and solder all those strips!! Out of them all only had 5 DOA, was very impressed by that out of 105 strips I had bought for this.

toozie21
11-30-2014, 08:48 AM
Wow, that is big! I don't want to suggest you are compensating for something, but..... ;)

Of course I showed my wife, and now she wants to know why all mine does is countdown to Christmas and yours is showing movies :).

Glad it is basically working, it looks awesome! Have a beer and enjoy some Christmas Vacation on it.

Short and badly typed since written from my phone...