PDA

View Full Version : Dimming!!!!!

jeff.ott
06-29-2008, 02:12 AM
Just got my first 595 to dim using the Ren-T and Ren-C. This is great. . . . :cool:I'm happy just watching the leds dim. Will hook up some SSR's tomorrow and watch the lights go crazy. Can't wait to update next years display with dimming. Thanks all for sharing the knowledge and parts. . . .

Jeff

Keith R
06-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Great Job Jeff! I too, got my first 595 to dim last night! Although I feel it more the accomplishments of others as I am more a follower than entrepreneur in this hobby, the feeling was still exhilarating. Now if I can figure out what is wrong with that second REN-C......
Keith

Macrosill
06-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Great Job guys!

daviddth
06-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Nothing like the feeling of the change from on/off to dimming is there! I have 4 ren C's on the 595 & grinches this year, but any future setups will be renard setups (Maybe dmx too).

jeff.ott
08-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Well all that dims is not gold. I just got both of my Ren-C's and 595's hooked up but my dimming is now flickering. Any ideas. . . . . Disconnected the second Ren-C and same problem. The leds dim but the lights connected to them just flicker then go out. I converted my connections from the Ren-c to 595 to an 8 pin mini connector to make a more positive connection. Could that cause it. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff

Wayne J
08-06-2008, 10:50 PM
which Renard Plug in are you using?

jeff.ott
08-06-2008, 11:05 PM
which Renard Plug in are you using?

The one that says "Renard Dimmer" from my version 1.1.11 of vixen

Jeff

jeff.ott
08-06-2008, 11:33 PM
I'M A MORON. . . . My second Ren-C was not finished as a capacitor was missing (10v 10uF) Plugged in my original Ren-C that was finished and wala. Dimming. sorry for the stupid post above. I guess missing components make a difference. Thanks everyone for being patient with us ( the electronically challenged)

jeff.ott
08-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Put the capacitor in and it all works. 128 channels of dimming. . . .:D:cool: The dimming seems to work best with partial ramps beginning at 30 and going to 100. 0-30 nothing seems to happen. Well now that it all works, time to upgrade to Vixen 2.0. Here we go. . . . .

wjohn
08-14-2008, 03:32 AM
good work Jeff,

I can only imagine your relief when you noticed the CAP missing.

daviddth
08-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah with Incandescent lights here they dont start glowing until between 25 & 35%. Actually for some reason 8 to 10% is a bad place to go as it causes flickering here on 50hZ for some reason. Plus 90% to 100% has little effect...

On LED's 15% to 100% is great though!

Glad to hear you got the board going as the ren C's are great little items

XmasInGalt
08-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Good job guys!!! I just put together my REN-Cs and REN-T yesterday. I'm going to test them tonight. Any "better check this first" tips you can provide??

Thanks.

jeff.ott
08-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Good job guys!!! I just put together my REN-Cs and REN-T yesterday. I'm going to test them tonight. Any "better check this first" tips you can provide??

Thanks.

The COM settings for the Renard Modified plug in. This tripped me up several times. And in my case "Make sure you have all the parts installed. . . .:rolleyes:" Ren-C and Ren-t were pretty straight forward. Jsut make sure the Vixen sequence is set up right so your test will work.

JEff

jeff.ott
08-17-2008, 03:08 AM
Here's a picture of the finished enclosure with the 595, Ren-C and power supply. Very clean way to mount. Thanks all for the tip on the enclosures.

XmasInGalt
08-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Jeff,

Thanks for the advise. I tested my setup last night. I checked all the settings, REN-T looked good (power light), REN-C power LED on, ZC heartbeat good, Rx lights when sending data, but nothing on the Olsen. Swapped Olsen, no change. Swapped REC-C, no change. I was panicked until I realized that I set the Olsen595s to external power on the jumpers. Changed the jumpers and it works perfectly. One project done, many more to go.