RPM
06-27-2008, 12:48 AM
Hey, this is me again
I want to share with you my Grinch tester
what do you think ?
http://www.christmasinallen.com/Tester.aspx

Thanks
Vytas

Here's my version of a Grinch/595 output tester.

It's an RJ45 plug with a small piece of prototype perfboard with 4 surface mount LED's attached to it. There are four 1/8 watt 680 ohm resistors that are inside the plug crimped to the pins and then soldered to the LED's.
I have enough of them made up for one Grinch board to test all of the outputs at once.

The pictures are a little out of focus, but you can see them well enough to get the idea.

Robert

vziukas
06-27-2008, 01:41 AM

It's an RJ45 plug with a small piece of prototype perfboard with 4 surface mount LED's attached to it. There are four 1/8 watt 680 ohm resistors that are inside the plug crimped to the pins and then soldered to the LED's.
I have enough of them made up for one Grinch board to test all of the outputs at once.

The pictures are a little out of focus, but you can see them well enough to get the idea.

Robert

Its done well ! It rocks !

WWNF911
06-27-2008, 02:16 AM

Robert

Robert,... You're work is just outstanding but that stuff is so small and compact. I don't know how you have the precision and patience.

you da man!

Vytas,

I like your work as well and it looks like something I might be able to do.

kudos to you both!!!

Leon

wbuehler
06-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Nice looking stuff

Bill

vairmoose
06-27-2008, 11:20 AM
RPM,, your little tester is AWESOME!

A question for the experts: Would RPM's miniport tester be appropriate for other (i.e. all) control boards?

Larry

sjwilson122
06-27-2008, 12:49 PM
RPM, That is the neatest little tester yet!..............Rats now I have more parts to buy and things to make...........Can someone slow the calander down, PLEASE!:lol:

Wayne J
06-27-2008, 06:29 PM

Robert

That is freaking awesome!

good to see everyone is making test equipment.

Macrosill
06-28-2008, 01:50 PM
These are some examples of the great work the membership does! Top Notch testers guys!