PDA

View Full Version : Controls on Preview

kylboy06
06-25-2008, 08:09 PM
I suggested awhile back for the preview window to not be full screen, when you make the sequence window full screen, but it is not an easy change.

I opened up Vixen today, and realized again why this bothers me, and have a suggestion of hopefully an easier way to fix the problem.

I like having the sequence window full screen, so I don't have to scroll to see controls, etc. Whenever I preview the sequence, I like to be able to pause and stop and play the sequence, at anytime, that way if I am a little off, I can pause it, and I now right where to fix the problem. The problem is that you have to get out of full screen when the preview is up, to access the play, pause and stop controls.

I was curious if there was any way to add a few of the basic controls to the preview window, that way when you pause it, it would be exactly where you need it, and whenever you hit one of these, I would do just as it does now, and close the preview, that way you can adjust the sequence and then resume playing it where you left off.

Virtus
06-25-2008, 09:43 PM
I second this request for exactly the same reasons.

piesrule58
06-26-2008, 03:27 AM
If I am understanding you correctly then I think what you need is there already. When I am doing sequences and it is running in the preview window I can pause it by hitting F7 or stop it by hitting F8. It then goes back to the sequence window at the spot you stopped. You can then adjust your sequence, pick a spot where you want to start the music again and then hit F6. This way you don't have to keep going back to the start of the sequence.
I hope that makes sense.

Cheers, Terry

Macrosill
06-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Function Keys will bring you joy!

kylboy06
06-29-2008, 12:47 AM
Wow, I didn't know Vixen could do that, that is awesome. Will save me hours on this year's sequencing, LOL! That shows you how good Vixen is, you go to request something, and it already exists.

jeffathompson
06-29-2008, 04:33 AM
THANK YOU! I was getting ready to check my self into the hospital over this. I have sore hands from holding them over the window menu waiting for just the right second to jump from preview to sequence screens.

Virtus
06-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Does anyone know all the Vixen "hotkeys" that could make a keyboard template like the old WordPerfect application had?

ErnieHorning
06-30-2008, 04:55 PM
This should help:
http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/i..._Shortcut_Keys

The Wiki is such a cool feature.:D I remember the old days, what a pain this would have been otherwize!:(

jeffathompson
06-30-2008, 05:01 PM
This should help:
http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/i..._Shortcut_Keys

The Wiki is such a cool feature.:D I remember the old days, what a pain this would have been otherwize!:(

That link does not work.

Lets try this: http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vixen_Shortcut_Keys

RavingLunatic
06-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Does anyone know all the Vixen "hotkeys" that could make a keyboard template like the old WordPerfect application had?

Something like this for the function keys? Just cut out the yellow portion.

All keyboards are not created equal, so you might have to trim a little extra off in some areas to make it fit.

WWNF911
07-01-2008, 02:44 AM
Something like this for the function keys? Just cut out the yellow portion.

All keyboards are not created equal, so you might have to trim a little extra off in some areas to make it fit.

Thats awesome RL!

Leon