PDA

View Full Version : HLS is being lazy

MindTrik
11-12-2014, 12:13 PM
I have come across a HUGE BUG in the software. It happens when I open it up. I start the program and the screen comes up...and just sits there. I keep staring at the screen thinking HLS should be working...but nothing ever happens. How is HLS going to sequence my show if it just sits there with a static screen....I don't think the auto sequence AI is working very well... :) :) :)

Livermore-Dad
11-12-2014, 12:19 PM
This is definitely repeatable. So I do believe it's a bug. I've tested this on different machines and the same results.. Christmas is coming up fast, I think this is a P1 bug!!

:)
Tory

angus40
11-12-2014, 12:29 PM
You got me :) I just dl the latest to see if I could see what you were seeing ...... then I woke up ! :)

good 1 .

win7 ult. tool bar = no issues

JHinkle
11-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Sorry.

I don't have the foggiest idea of what you folks are talking about.

You are speaking in way too general of terms.

Please be more exact.

Joe

MindTrik
11-12-2014, 02:17 PM
I was eluding to the fact that I have to ACTUALLY do work to sequence and that HLS isn't doing it FOR me.... :)

scootchu
11-12-2014, 02:19 PM
I love the auto sequence. I just put the probes on my scalp and take a nap... when I wake... all done.

MindTrik
11-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Oooo...good idea

JHinkle
11-12-2014, 04:56 PM
I think the idea of having an auto sequence or a whole display doing nothing but running NC effects is very attractive to those new to the hobby.

They get to flash lights -- which is cool at first.

When you watch a hundred of these sequences --- they all look the same. Bunch of lights jumping around having little to nothing to do with a merge of our two most important senses -- sight and hearing.

Over time , some may say --- I want to step away from the crowd of sequences where they all look the same and do little to inspire emotion in the crowds of lookers -- I want to have my sequence PAINT a symphony of lights to music --- I want to become a Picasso of my art.

THOSE few will then sit back and put the time in to create art --- it can take hours to create good art. When they do ---- sequencing becomes very manual and auto effects mostly disappear.

Ask your self --- how much would you pay for a auto-painted picture --- peanuts. How much for a hand painted one from a Master --- priceless.

Joe

arw01
11-12-2014, 05:17 PM
Well said Joe, while I am a LSP user, I find my feelings the same. Make it a minute MAYBE on a sequence that is not precisely timed and telling me a story with the elements. And some of my favorite sequences do not have that many elements just masterfully done!