PDA

View Full Version : Need A6279EA-T

jeffathompson
06-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Here's my Grinch story. I have 5. Got the power supply and made the cable. Fired the first one up. Nothing. Checked the cable. Fine. Checked the power. Fine. Checked everything. Fine. Checked the +voltage from the S Port. +3.5 Bad BAD BAD. Remembered that for no particular reason I requested some samples from Allegro. Didn't need them for anything so I just orderd the 6 and figured somebody somewhere will use them. Pulled the MBI's out. Put the Allegro's in. Grinch goes blinky flashy. Now I'm only short, hmmm 14 Allegro chips. Allegro website says warehouse move. No free chips till July 14. Check suppliers. No. Anybody got some they want to get rid of? I was hoping to have all five boards running for a July 4th deal but now I'm sad.

wbuehler
06-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Jeff

I used an STP sub that Phil had suggested to me
The chips I got and tested were STP16C596B1R

You can get them from Digikey looks like they have 3,500+ available

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=497-3874-ND

Bill

TERBObob
06-20-2008, 08:03 AM
JEFF ,
Email me of PM me with your mailing addy . Think I got 10 of just what the doctor ordered for ya . :p

TERBObob
06-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Jeff ,
They're on their way to ya . ( hey , any chance of getting a vid of your display after you get 'er up an running ? ) ;)

jeffathompson
06-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Jeff ,
They're on their way to ya . ( hey , any chance of getting a vid of your display after you get 'er up an running ? ) ;)

I'll shoot a video. I'm not very good at shrinking the size down without loosing quality but might just try a You-Tube. Never done that.

jeffathompson
06-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Jeff ,

I got em today Bob. All in and all 5 Grinches work.