PDA

View Full Version : Chase RGB Colors Horizontally Having Weird Effect

jeffjones22
10-28-2014, 06:47 PM
A group of cells 1 high by 11 wide. All single cell effects. All at 100% intensity. Right-Click Change RGB Colors Horizontally and selected Red (#FF0000) for start and "Dark Red" (#800000) for the end. Instead of getting a graduated ramp down from 100% Red to 50% Red, what I got was 100% red in the first cell, and then what appears to be black ramping up to 50% red at the far right.

Was getting something similar when doing the same thing but choosing 100% red for start and black for end, but it was 100% in the first cell and then ramping up from black to 90% red on the far right.

BTW, the same thing happens when using the horizontal chase from the HLS Tool Bar.

intwoit2002
10-28-2014, 08:13 PM
Did you rebuild the preview after changing before playing?

JHinkle
10-28-2014, 08:18 PM
Why are you doing a Color Chase --- You are asking for an Intensity Ramp.

Use Ramp UP or Down ---- Select 100 for your RED and 50 for your Dark RED.

Joe

jeffjones22
10-28-2014, 08:51 PM
Mainly because I don't wavy to do the math to figure out the graduated values for the intermediate cells. I know I don't have to do it for the ramp, but I want to copy specific cells to other channels, say the third

jeffjones22
10-28-2014, 08:55 PM
Mainly because I don't wavy to do the math to figure out the graduated values for the intermediate cells. I know I don't have to do it for the ramp, but I want to copy specific cells to other channels, say the third
(Not fond of tapa talk...)

Anyway, say i want to copy just the seventh cell in an eleven cell ramp to another channel and not have to calculate that it's at 37%. That's why the chase as opposed to the ramp. If chase wasn't designed for this type of abuse, fine. I can do the math. Just looking for a quicker way.

JHinkle
10-28-2014, 09:09 PM
When you ask for a Color Chase --- you get one of two ways.

#1 --- around the color wheel --- so your RED to Dark RED would go through a lot of different colors depending on what direction around the wheel you went.

#2 -- The way you chose is to fade from one color into the other --- through BLACK --- which is mostly what you have with a 50% RED for Dark RED.

Doing the math is easy ---

Convert from HEX to decimal --- so your FF is 255 and your 80 is 128

Now its a ratio

255/100 = 128/X

Rearrange X = (128 * 100) / 255

X = 50

Joe

jeffjones22
10-28-2014, 10:41 PM
Yes it is pretty trivial, but I also haven't done a very good job of making myself understood.

I was going to describe a much more complicated scenario where I was doing something similar over a larger range, but as I was typing it, I realized I was to focused on intricacies asked that yes, I can live with ramps even though they might not line up perfectly.

This is NOT a hobby for some with OCD. But it does teach one patience. ;)

Thanks again for everything, Joe.