PDA

View Full Version : Library - Load Channel Layout & Fill Channels

jeffjones22
10-28-2014, 05:07 PM
Used the library to load this year's channel layout into one of last year's sequences. It looks like during the import process, the fill channels from this year's layout were converted to segment channels, but with "Fill" added to the channel name, e.g., the "Roofline" fill channel was converted to a segment channel called "Roofline Fill".

If I understand them correctly, segment channels have completely different functionality. To correct this, I have to recreate the affected fill channels and then also change the Display Groups because when the fill channels were converted, the display groups that contained them lost all channels that were in the display group AND in a Fill Channel (now a Segment Channel) if the fill channel were also in the display group.

That was a mouthful, so to illustrate:

Fill Channel "Fill1" had RGB channels A, B, C, D, and E.
Display Group "Group1" had "Fill1" and RGB channels A, B, C, D, and E in it.

After the import:

Fill Channel "Fill1" became Segment Channel "Fill1 Fill" with RGB channels A, B, C, D, and E in it.
Display Group "Group1" kept "Fill1 Fill", but no longer had RGB channels A, B, C, D, and E since apparently Segment Channels can't coexist with their contained channels within the same Display Group.

Hopefully I'm being clear enough for you to understand this. :unsure:

JHinkle
10-28-2014, 07:04 PM
I have to relook at FILL.

I forgot they were even in there --- I created Background which is a much better way.

Ping me this weekend and I will look into it.

Joe

jeffjones22
10-28-2014, 07:25 PM
Will do. Meanwhile I'll check out Background.

JHinkle
10-28-2014, 07:26 PM
I never identified FILL channels in the Library as anything special --- as I said --- I forgot about them.

I need to add them to the Library and then all should be fine.

I will do this tonight or tomorrow --- I will need you to test and make sure all is well.

Joe

jeffjones22
10-28-2014, 07:30 PM
Wasn't trying to rush you. This weekend is fine.

Was just going to see what background is all about since you say that's a better way to do it. I'll still be able to test it.

JHinkle
10-28-2014, 10:22 PM
Version 23M released.

Fill is now part of Library import/export.

Export (save your Layout again).

Import and tell me if the behavior is correct.

Joe

jeffjones22
10-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Worked like a charm. Thanks, Joe.