PDA

View Full Version : Great Halloween Fright Fight

ben&bobbi
10-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Is this anyone from here!?

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-great-christmas-light-fight/episode-guide/season-02/201-special-the-great-halloween-fright-fight

rcktmn455
10-28-2014, 08:20 PM
I will admit that I am a bit disappointed in it so far. I was understanding that it would be home displays and not commercial haunts. Hell if I would have know that I would have tried to enter our haunt.

Macrosill
10-28-2014, 09:40 PM
Had to take my son to karate at 8. Dvr'ed the show. Watching it now.

Livermore-Dad
10-29-2014, 11:00 AM
Was disappointed / annoyed by the christmas one, didn't hold out any hopes for the halloween one..

iflights
10-29-2014, 11:25 AM
The Halloween show was disappointing, but my expectations might have been too high. It was a bunch of people, apparently with time on their hands buying stuff and building themed props throughout the year to display on Halloween.

All were very proud of their display.

Where do they find folks like that?

Their neighbors probably think they are crazy. :)

GWOOLSEY56
10-29-2014, 12:45 PM
I have one neighbor who hates me because I get my Christmas lights out before she dose. :biggrin:
back in May we had a storm and my chimney fell on her car, well my insurance said "act of god". she didn't have insurance to cover her car. so she has not talked to me since.:rolleyes:

Macrosill
10-29-2014, 01:31 PM
I thought the show was good. I enjoyed it. There were some cool effects showcased. The judging always stinks as with all the holiday shows with the same 2 judges.

chadowamsley
10-29-2014, 07:05 PM
Had some nice effects, but I agree they need Better judges.

Strother85
10-30-2014, 07:34 PM
+1 on the judges. I found them incredibly annoying, too much focus on "organic" and "original". I thought that there were some need engineering bits....the treadmill elevator simulation, wiper motor animated characters, etc. If true, the fact that one of the contestants dumpster dove for almost everything was impressive as well as the winner and his "chainsawed" props from local trees. I was most disappointed in the lack of "techy" stuff. I am confident that there are plenty of folks on this forum that could have blown those displays out of the water, getting the better halves to let us build a prop bigger than our house is a different story!! :excl:

DaveJZ
10-31-2014, 09:15 AM
Kinda like burying the cables... some of you may... I on the other hand have better things to do with my life besides burying cables for 4 weeks- only to end the show with frozen ground and not get them out until the thaw- doesn't sound like a great plan to me....

I was impressed with some of the ideas... yet disappointed that some seemed to commercial...

What I am disappointed in is the trophy's... I thought the Christmas ones looked cheap... this one was worse...

And the judges... I've never heard two women scream so much....

Macrosill
10-31-2014, 09:22 AM

lol

Strother85
10-31-2014, 04:33 PM

Lol I know!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk 2

arw01
10-31-2014, 11:27 PM
Well I enjoyed the whole show and saw some neat ideas. Would like to try the dental mirror trick sometime.

burtonmadness
11-01-2014, 04:13 AM
we had a storm and my chimney fell on her car, well my insurance said "act of god".

Always wondered what would happen if I had a dyslexic insurance broker who insured me to for "act of dog".. ;-)

ben&bobbi
11-02-2014, 08:45 PM
i finally watched the show, i can see where most of the comments came from. I was very confused that the judges originally said they one that one was not for kids and previously said halloween is for the kids - poor editing??

My biggest question is where does that stuff go!? The guy that one cuts all those tress down every year to make new displays? thats organic?

Ok, enough on that. Looking past all that stuff, there were some neat ideas. I want to find out what the "bee mesh" is that was used for the spider house for the webs. motorized spider legs were cool. I liked the prop designers house. Our house sets back, that would be cool to build a fake house front, but i would have to have a place to keep it, i would be lucky to afford it once. using a tower fan to rotate the skeleton was simple idea.