PDA

View Full Version : Wiki Page Creation

P. Short
07-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Is there some way to keep a page totally private while composing it, and then making it public when done? It would be nice if a page could have a completely blank slate when it is first released, rather than having recentchanges and history show all of the messy steps in creating it. The alternative of creating documents totally off-line isn't very attractive, because it makes it hard to test the formatting.

--

Phil

Macrosill
07-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Phil,
There is no way of keeping a Wiki page private. The only way to do what you want is to create the page off line and then publish it when it is complete.

There is an alternative. Create a testing wiki of your own and then you can create the page and no one will see the changes. Once you are happy with the layout then you can copy and paste the code over here. Just a thought.

I understand your feelings and I feel the same way but it just seems to be the nature of the beast.

Matt
07-29-2007, 06:23 PM
What I've been doing is editing in the wiki, using the Preview function, and copying the article editing code into a text file and store it on my computer. The next time I'm ready to edit, I just paste in the half-baked code and continue.

-Matt