PDA

View Full Version : cell resize/stretch

Matt
07-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Would it be possible to make a keyboard shortcut where you could highlight a range of cells, then press a key and drag to 'resize' the cells to cover a larger area? This would make some of the sequencing work I'm doing a lot quicker.

-Matt

KC
07-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Right now, all of the cells are the same size and can't be individually resized. The closest you could get to that right now is changing the zoom level, which you probably already know.

Matt
08-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Actually, I meant to drag the event values in the cells to be stretched across multiple cells, rather than changing the actual size of the cells on the screen.

For example, let's say I have a ramp on in Channel 1 that lasts for one second. With a stretch tool, I could:

A. Select the ramp, press a key, and drag down so that the ramp affects more channels, or,

B. Select the ramp, press a key, and drag sideways to make the ramp affect a longer period of time, or,

C. Do both A and B at once by dragging diagonally.

I hope this explains what I'm asking. If it doesn't, maybe I'll draw up a mock-up of what I'm asking, if that would help.

Thanks,
-Matt

KC
08-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Okay, that makes sense. Actually, each cell in the editor is it's own value. So when you create a ramp, it creates a series of independent cell values. There isn't a single "ramp" event per se to be edited or adjusted.