PDA

View Full Version : Import Light-O-Rama (LOR) to Vixen 3

MartinMueller2003
10-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Hi

I am getting ready to investigate what it will take to import LOR files into Vixen 3 (No this will not be ready for the 2014 season). However, I am not an LOR user and do not have any LOR sequences. Is anyone willing to upload a complete LOR sequence to my FTP server so that I can use it to test my code? I would need the music files as well as the LOR files. I would need at least the following files:

.LAS is an Animation Sequence
.LMS is a Musical Sequence
.LCS is the compressed sequence. You won't edit this file. It's created by the software.
.LCC is the Light-O-Rama Channel Configuration (http://www.lorfaq.com/faqs/software-questions/sequence-editor/37-save-channels-between-sequences.html) file.
.SUP is a Superstar Editor file.
.JPG of the show layout so I can make sure the preview is working properly.

Please PM me if you are willing to donate some files.

Thanks

Martin

MartinMueller2003
10-20-2014, 11:41 AM
Hi Guys

I have a basic LOR to vixen converter running. The issue I face is that the free version of LOR saves files in an encrypted form, making it difficult for me to test some of the effects. I have .lms files with intensity effects in them. I need an LOR file that uses the shimmer and twinkle effects. Does anyone have a sequence with these effects that I can test with?

Martin

rtrip9
10-23-2014, 01:51 AM
My lor S3 advanced software sequences are on my website download page. Please use them bc I want to try and learn vixen 3. So please have fun.

Gnarmstr
10-23-2014, 04:48 AM
Martin,

Let me know how you go with other members sequences as I have the Full LOR S3 Advanced licence with Superstar that I bought in Jan this year and never use it as I ended up going with Vixen.

PM me.

Geoff

MartinMueller2003
10-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Thanks

I do not really want a license. What I need is a sequence with some single channels and some pixels (3-4 of each) that do a few twinkle and shimmer effects of a variety of durations 1S, 5S and 10S would be perfect. I have lots of intensity effects and need to test these last two functions. Or a show that uses such effects would be perfect.

Martin

MartinMueller2003
10-23-2014, 10:17 AM
My lor S3 advanced software sequences are on my website download page. Please use them bc I want to try and learn vixen 3. So please have fun.

Thank You. I am copying the 2014 show files now. I will make them available to you as soon as I finish the conversion.

Martin

MartinMueller2003
10-23-2014, 12:16 PM

Thank You for allowing me to have access to your sequences. I have found and fixed two crashes so far. Testing with made up data is never as effective as testing with real world data.

Martin

rtrip9
10-23-2014, 01:18 PM
if there are any files not uploaded let me know, I don't think I uploaded my ch config or setup config.

tripplett
10-15-2015, 04:04 PM
What ever happened with this? Did you get anywhere? I'd love to import my LOR sequences directly into Vixen 3. Currently exporting my LOR and Vixen 3 sequences to Falcon Player.

madsci1016
10-16-2015, 12:09 AM
What ever happened with this? Did you get anywhere? I'd love to import my LOR sequences directly into Vixen 3. Currently exporting my LOR and Vixen 3 sequences to Falcon Player.

You can install the newest xLights and use that to convert. I just converted some LOR sequences a member shared with me into Vixen 2 using xLights, and imported that into Vixen 3 using Vixen 3.

You have to setup 'dummy' display output hardware in xlights before it converts correctly though, so it's not a very intuitive process.