PDA

View Full Version : My 2007 Display, this is jus the beginning

thedudedrummer
06-04-2008, 12:58 AM
Hello everyone, I am a halloween fan that is slowly converting to christmas as well. Last year I built a hearse,pirate ship, cannon, did some singing pumpkins, and some animatronic skulls.
You can see picts and video at www.hallowedhaunts.com
This year Im building a pneumatic organist in a 12ft mausoleum, 2 trapped animatronic skellies in a second smaller maus, an animated dog, and so many other things. I rely on VSA for all of my automation and it seems to work out well, though I may switch over to vixen eventually.
Thanks, Mike

ppohlman
06-04-2008, 10:13 AM
That is awesome!! I love the signing skulls. Do you have build pics of those? What motors do you use to animate them?

Thanks for sharing.

TERBObob
06-07-2008, 02:28 PM
LOVE the hearse .. but , was wondering , how BIG of property do you have to fit all that stuff ?

ppohlman
06-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Property? He must have a huge shed or garage to store it too!!

Since my wife LOVES Halloween, I'm thinking that once I get the Christmas lights figured out, I'll then move onto yard decor for Halloween. All I need is a bigger place to store all of this during the off season.

Macrosill
06-07-2008, 09:36 PM
.....All I need is a bigger place to store all of this during the off season.

Contact WayneJ, he can build you a nice "Glow In The Dark Blue" storage building! :lol:

Virtus
06-08-2008, 10:03 AM
...Halloween. All I need is a bigger place to store all of this during the off season.

Dig a pit in the front yard that you can store in during the year and then "spring" the dead from it during the Halloween shows!

ppohlman
06-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Contact WayneJ, he can build you a nice "Glow In The Dark Blue" storage building! :lol:
Luckily my wife has already “allowed” me to build a shed once I get the deck done. I’m guessing that she won’t want to have a "Glow In The Dark Blue" one though. Hey Wayne, I might be asking for some advice once I get to that point.

Dig a pit in the front yard that you can store in during the year and then "spring" the dead from it during the Halloween shows!
Not a bad idea as long as the grass doesn’t die.

Really Big Christmas
07-10-2008, 10:00 AM
That is awesome!! I love the signing skulls. Do you have build pics of those? What motors do you use to animate them?

Thanks for sharing.

so you like the numbskulls* lol click the link under my banner and you will see the tutorial on them I sell the parts to make them for the forum Dude belongs to:D

hey Dude Glad to see you here

omzig
07-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Numbskull Tutorial :rolleyes: (http://www.rockbottomcemetry.webs.com/numbskullsfordummies.html) Broken link.

Really Big Christmas
07-11-2008, 04:58 AM
Broken link.

oops Sorry Fixed It Now, Thanks for letting me know hugs Blinky

thedudedrummer
07-13-2008, 02:36 AM
hahahaha wow I completely forgot I started this thread on here! I keep the hearse out front year-round. Had to throw the pirate ship away because no one wanted it and I had no where to store it. The 12ft mausoleum and the 8ft one, the 2 7ft monster mud reapers, organ, and all that has to go back and be stored though after my display this year haha so this will be interesting, but I now have 256 channels of dimming goodness for halloween/christmas this year so muhuhahaha : P

Really Big Christmas
07-13-2008, 06:43 AM
we dont say muhuhahaha on this forum,lol
we say jingle bells Love Carol

ps Mom is in the Hospital Just thought I would let you know Dude