PDA

View Full Version : Crash when marking end

Santacarl
06-13-2014, 11:37 AM
Hi Joe...

I have a sequence that I'm dropping a NC effect in to. When I go to mark the end of where I want the effect to stop I'm running into something I haven't seen before. I'm trying to mark 3 ticks from the end of the sequence (leaving 2 blanks at the end) but when I do the CTRL right click to place the green marker (end) HLS crashes.....every time.

If I back up a couple of ticks I CAN position the end with no problem. Specifically, if I leave 3 blank ticks I can drop in my little green end mark.....but if I move it 1 space to the right....CRASH.

It doesn't do this on other sequences..... While I can live with the 3 blank ticks I'm a bit concerned that this sequence has a problem some place and might crash at an inopportune time....

I suppose I could copy everything to the library and recreate the sequence and drop the old effects into it from the library but I thought I'd ask first if there is anything I might be missing that could be causing this... or if it's even worth worrying with...

SC

JHinkle
06-13-2014, 12:07 PM
It sounds like the length of audio and the internal data arrays are not the same length --- audio being 3 tics longer.

Did you do something to alter the audio once you started your sequence? I mean alter the audio since day1 of the sequence generation.

Joe

JHinkle
06-13-2014, 12:18 PM
Does the Ruler have the same number of TICS displayed as the sequence Editor grid?

Look at the end and tell me if the end of the ruler is in line with the end of the editor's grid.

Joe

Joe

Santacarl
06-13-2014, 12:27 PM
Did you do something to alter the audio once you started your sequence? I mean alter the audio since day1 of the sequence generation.

Joe

Nope.....not even within HLS

But this is the sequence that crashed the other day while I was trying to figure out why I was getting fades I didn't put in (turned out to be a NC issue) ....actually it is the backup I had to go back and use because the working copy became unuseable....in that I couldn't even drop an external effect into....

But if I've lost a tick someplace....and there is a mismatch....does that give me cause for concern about stability going forward? I can live with it otherwise....

Santacarl
06-13-2014, 12:31 PM
Does the Ruler have the same number of TICS displayed as the sequence Editor grid?

Look at the end and tell me if the end of the ruler is in line with the end of the editor's grid.

Joe

Joe

Yep.....nothing is hanging over....everything is aligned

JHinkle
06-13-2014, 12:49 PM
Take the Audio file with extension PCM and the HLS file -- zip them and post them on a download site so I can get to them to test.

Joe

Santacarl
06-13-2014, 01:20 PM
-- zip them and post them on a download site so I can get to them to test.

Joe

Joe...Check your PM.....

JHinkle
06-13-2014, 04:26 PM
Think I found the issue.

Version 19Y released.

Thanks for your help.

Joe

DanJ
06-14-2014, 03:51 PM
I have tried to pull down rev 19Y several times but the files never come up in the download manager. Is anyone else having this problem? Or maybe just me? I rebooted and tried again without success. This is the first time I have had any problems with any of the HLS downloads. I get the "downloading" box at the bottom of the screen but then it closes and there are no files to update onto my C drive.... Thx.

Santacarl
06-14-2014, 04:52 PM
I have tried to pull down rev 19Y several times but the files never come up in the download manager. Is anyone else having this problem? Or maybe just me? .

Nope....worked fine for me....I downloaded the .zip and unzipped it into the HLS folder as I always do....NP.

Maybe it's the phantom Elf.....But on second thought he only seems to go after my 'puter'..... :rolleyes:

habbosrus
06-14-2014, 06:04 PM
Sorry Dan, all good here too.

JHinkle
06-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Check your anti-virus software.

Joe