PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Mini tree build

rtrip9
06-05-2014, 09:33 PM
and they look good, little hard to sequence but so worth it.

shout out--- to holiday coro, thanks for making it easier

Last year's mini trees: 1-tier,12 Trees, 800 incandescent, 4 channels each/ 48 channels, 9600 lights, 2-Renard ss24 120AC controllers

This year new trees: 12 trees, 3-tier, 108 channels, 36 pixel square leds. (108 smart led's) 1-universe on the Pixalite 24 12DC controller.

rtrip9
06-14-2014, 04:07 AM
so here I a link to my site with the build video and how to. these mini's are sick
http://www.lightsofamelia.com/how-to-s--build-video-s.html

Gnarmstr
06-14-2014, 08:08 AM
It looks good, great job.

You could make it even easier to sequence by having the pixels within each section done in parallel giving a total of only 3 RGB channels within the universe instead of the 7 you have. So the Data In for say your section one would go to all three modules and then only use one Data Out to the next section, then do the same for that section.

This way when you sequence you only have to worry about three section and three RGB channels.

Just my thoughts.

rtrip9
06-15-2014, 01:10 AM
HUH, please elaborate, I would love to make this easier. I just grouped them together per tree Top, middle, bottom that made it a lot easier but if there is a way to do like your saying im all ears. Im using LOr btw

and I just uploaded the mini tree LCC file on my site if you want to play with it and see if you can make it easier.

chadowamsley
06-15-2014, 02:26 AM
The trees look very nice. The three sections I like a lot. Just wished I could wrap my brain around the pixels, everything about the pixels and power supplies. I had some this year, ended up selling after frustration set in. Now seeing your trees, I might have to order more next year to try and replace my tomato cage trees.

Thank you for the videos.

rtrip9
06-15-2014, 03:49 AM
feel free to call me I have no problem helping you. its really not that hard once you get shown how to set it up. check you pm

davrus
06-15-2014, 01:03 PM
Just a note about your pigtail plugs. You should use them the other way around, where the male plug is on the input end, and the female plug is on the output end. Then if nothing is plugged in to the end, the output connector has no prongs with live power on them, because it is the female one. If the male plug is on the output, the exposed prongs could get short circuited if something metal touches them.
This is more of a note for someone else starting from scratch, as once you have started, you can't change your method !!