PDA

View Full Version : Need help understanding error

ebrady
05-13-2014, 08:18 AM
Here is a question for the development team...

Yesterday I started getting this error in the log while working on LipSync support for Vixen3.

05/13/2014 07:57:25 [Vixen.Sys.Modules] Tried to load module of type LipSyncMapDescriptor from LipSyncMap.dll, but the descriptor does not implement IModuleDescriptor.
05/13/2014 07:57:25 [Vixen.Sys.Modules] Tried to load module of type LipSyncDescriptor from LipSync.dll, but the descriptor does not implement IModuleDescriptor.
05/13/2014 07:57:25 [Vixen.Sys.Modules] Tried to load module of type LipSyncMapDescriptor from LipSyncMap.dll, but the descriptor does not implement IModuleDescriptor.
05/13/2014 07:57:25 [Vixen.Sys.Modules] Tried to load module of type SetLevelDescriptor from SetLevel.dll, but the descriptor does not implement IModuleDescriptor.
05/13/2014 07:57:26 [Vixen.Sys.Modules] Tried to load module of type LipSyncMapDescriptor from LipSyncMap.dll, but the descriptor does not implement IModuleDescriptor.

I have not made any changes to any of these descriptor classes recently so I am a little puzzled. This code has worked well to date. After some additional investigation, I found that the LipSync Effect module (classes referenced by LipSyncDescriptor) no longer executes and breakpoints no longer work. (Neither does the SetLevel command).

Latest code is checked in to my parrot branch - Commit ID 1e831c12dec4dbd73df926a2c7d70bf47c41bf40 (Please note, this version is not finished and has some known issues).

Any help understanding what is going on is appreciated.

Ed

bolwire
05-13-2014, 01:13 PM
Whats your github name ? Ive looked here and on the dev group and cannot find it.

ebrady
05-13-2014, 01:19 PM
My GitHub name is ebrady1. Repository is vixen, forked from sall/vixen

ebrady
05-13-2014, 01:43 PM
Back tracking thru previous commits, I found that the bug started with commit 02fbc2f285e41991bcce6f691b174b5eaa43f78f
Unfortunately, there were a lot of changes this commit, but at least it is a starting point.

Previous commit, "worked" and did not report the error - commit cf3ee69af781e36b22afdf38919d9f21a72d6b3d

bolwire
05-13-2014, 01:49 PM
HMM... Ok, I removed the Reference to Vixen for the project LipSyncMap, then added it back and rebuilt. That seems to have gotten rid of the build errors, but it doesn't really make any sense as to why. All the paths looked ok, unless I just glanced at them to quickly.

It does crash when I try to use anything other than the import, but its got it building and running it appears...

bolwire
05-13-2014, 01:56 PM
But... after cleaning the solution and rebuilding Im getting alot of path no found errors, still digging into those

ebrady
05-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Interesting. I have not seen the path or compile issue on my end though.

bolwire
05-13-2014, 02:17 PM
Could be my end only, but what I found was that one of the output paths for the 64 bit output was only set to bin\something, not the release folder, I updated that to the proper folder, then for LipSyncMap, unset, and reset the reference to LipSync, and for the Time sequence editor.

This could have been something on my end, I restarted VS2013 and it appears to be working now. Are you still having issues after resetting the reference and updating the x64 output path for (i dont remember which project), I probably only noticed this if Im using 64 and your using 32 maybe ? Not sure, but its running on my end, if your still having issues Ill be glad to revert the changes Im made and make better notes on what I didn't really do to resolve it :D

ebrady
05-13-2014, 02:33 PM
Thanks, I will check my end and get back to you shortly. I am using 32, have not tried 64 in a while.

Just to confirm, you are no longer seeing the message in the error log? That is the real indication that everything is working as it should.

bolwire
05-13-2014, 02:41 PM
I get the normal warnings that have been there, without looking at each one I cant be 100%, but here is my build output on x86, for a clean build. It executes and runs, I can look and play with all the work you've done as well, although since Im not familiar with using this type of display, I don't where where to start with it to test other than building and running.

1>------ Build started: Project: Vixen, Configuration: Release x86 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: FMOD, Configuration: Release x86 ------
2> FMOD -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\FMOD.dll
3>------ Build started: Project: Resources, Configuration: Release x86 ------
1>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Vixen.System\Sys\Managers\Hardware UpdateThread.cs(161,33,161,98): warning CS0429: Unreachable expression code detected
1>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Vixen.System\Sys\Output\OutputCont roller.cs(167,8,167,15): warning CS0162: Unreachable code detected
1>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Vixen.System\Sys\Output\IntervalUp dateSignaler.cs(9,16,9,31): warning CS0414: The field 'Vixen.Sys.Output.IntervalUpdateSignaler._lastUpda teTime' is assigned but its value is never used
1>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Vixen.System\Module\Effect\EffectM oduleInstanceBase.cs(24,23,24,33): warning CS0414: The field 'Vixen.Module.Effect.EffectModuleInstanceBase.prer endCnt' is assigned but its value is never used
1> Vixen -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Vixen.dll
1> 1 file(s) copied.
3> Resources -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\Resources.dll
4>------ Build started: Project: Audio, Configuration: Release x86 ------
5>------ Build started: Project: BaseSequence, Configuration: Release x86 ------
5> BaseSequence -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\BaseSequence.dll
4> Audio -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Media\Audio.dll
6>------ Build started: Project: NShape (VixenModules\Common\NShape\NShape), Configuration: Release x86 ------
7>------ Build started: Project: Controls, Configuration: Release x86 ------
6> NShape -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\Dataweb.NShape.dll
8>------ Build started: Project: LipSyncMap, Configuration: Release x86 ------
7> Controls -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\Controls.dll
8> LipSyncMap -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\App\LipSyncMap.dll
9>------ Build started: Project: ColorBreakdown, Configuration: Release x86 ------
10>------ Build started: Project: ColorGradients, Configuration: Release x86 ------
9> ColorBreakdown -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\OutputFilter\Color Breakdown.dll
11>------ Build started: Project: Color, Configuration: Release x86 ------
10> ColorGradients -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\App\ColorGradients .dll
11> Color -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Property\Color.dll
12>------ Build started: Project: Curves, Configuration: Release x86 ------
13>------ Build started: Project: Location, Configuration: Release x86 ------
13> Location -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Property\Location. dll
14>------ Build started: Project: VixenHelp, Configuration: Release x86 ------
14> VixenHelp -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\VixenHelp.dll
12> Curves -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\App\Curves.dll
15>------ Build started: Project: FastPixel, Configuration: Release x86 ------
16>------ Build started: Project: Pulse, Configuration: Release x86 ------
15> FastPixel -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\FastPixel.dll
17>------ Build started: Project: SetLevel, Configuration: Release x86 ------
16> Pulse -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\Pulse.dll
18>------ Build started: Project: ScriptSequence, Configuration: Release x86 ------
17> SetLevel -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\SetLevel.dl l
18>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Common\ScriptSequence\Script\Scrip tProjectGenerator.cs(7,7,7,18): warning CS0105: The using directive for 'System.Linq' appeared previously in this namespace
18> ScriptSequence -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\ScriptSequence.dll
19>------ Build started: Project: Chase, Configuration: Release x86 ------
20>------ Build started: Project: Timed, Configuration: Release x86 ------
20> Timed -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\SequenceType\Timed .dll
21>------ Build started: Project: NShapeWinFormsUI, Configuration: Release x86 ------
19> Chase -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\Chase.dll
22>------ Build started: Project: Twinkle, Configuration: Release x86 ------
22> Twinkle -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\Twinkle.dll
23>------ Build started: Project: Spin, Configuration: Release x86 ------
23> Spin -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\Spin.dll
24>------ Build started: Project: ValueTypes, Configuration: Release x86 ------
24> ValueTypes -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\ValueTypes.dll
25>------ Build started: Project: VirtualEffect, Configuration: Release x86 ------
25> VirtualEffect -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\App\VirtualEffect. dll
21>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Common\NShape\WinFormsUI\Display.c s(4680,15,4680,23): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'Dataweb.NShape.WinFormsUI.Display.ScrollBy(int, int)'
21>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Common\NShape\WinFormsUI\Display.c s(4686,15,4686,23): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'Dataweb.NShape.WinFormsUI.Display.ScrollTo(int, int)'
21> NShapeWinFormsUI -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\Dataweb.NShape.WinF ormsUI.dll
26>------ Build started: Project: VixenPreview, Configuration: Release x86 ------
27>------ Build started: Project: Nutcracker, Configuration: Release x86 ------
27> Nutcracker -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\Nutcracker. dll
28>------ Build started: Project: ffmpeg, Configuration: Release x86 ------
28> ffmpeg -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\ffmpeg.dll
29>------ Build started: Project: Wipe, Configuration: Release x86 ------
26>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewSetupElementsDocument.cs(62,4,62,16): warning CS0162: Unreachable code detected
26>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewControl.cs(84,50,84,67): warning CS0067: The event 'VixenModules.Preview.VixenPreview.VixenPreviewCon trol.OnElementsChanged' is never used
26>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewModuleInstance.cs(17,16,17,29): warning CS0414: The field 'VixenModules.Preview.VixenPreview.VixenPreviewMod uleInstance.UseOldPreview' is assigned but its value is never used
26>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewModuleInstance.cs(201,8,201,20): warning CS0414: The field 'VixenModules.Preview.VixenPreview.VixenPreviewMod uleInstance.isGdiVersion' is assigned but its value is never used
26>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewSetupElementsDocument.cs(62,4,62,16): warning CS0162: Unreachable code detected
26>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewControl.cs(84,50,84,67): warning CS0067: The event 'VixenModules.Preview.VixenPreview.VixenPreviewCon trol.OnElementsChanged' is never used
26>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewModuleInstance.cs(17,16,17,29): warning CS0414: The field 'VixenModules.Preview.VixenPreview.VixenPreviewMod uleInstance.UseOldPreview' is assigned but its value is never used
26>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewModuleInstance.cs(201,8,201,20): warning CS0414: The field 'VixenModules.Preview.VixenPreview.VixenPreviewMod uleInstance.isGdiVersion' is assigned but its value is never used
26> VixenPreview -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Preview\VixenPrevi ew.dll
29> Wipe -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\Wipe.dll
30>------ Build started: Project: RDS, Configuration: Release x86 ------
31>------ Build started: Project: CustomValue, Configuration: Release x86 ------
30> RDS -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\RDS.dll
31> CustomValue -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\CustomValue .dll
32>------ Build started: Project: Launcher, Configuration: Release x86 ------
33>------ Build started: Project: Shows, Configuration: Release x86 ------
32> Launcher -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\Launcher.dl l
34>------ Build started: Project: LipSync, Configuration: Release x86 ------
33>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\App\Shows\Actions\PauseAct ion.cs(12,19,12,26): warning CS0414: The field 'VixenModules.App.Shows.PauseAction.process' is assigned but its value is never used
33> Shows -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\App\Shows.dll
35>------ Build started: Project: Script (VixenModules\Modules\Sequence\Script), Configuration: Release x86 ------
35> Script -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\SequenceType\Scrip t.dll
34> LipSync -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\LipSync.dll
36>------ Build started: Project: CurveTypeEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
36> CurveTypeEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Curve TypeEditor.dll
37>------ Build started: Project: ColorTypeEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
38>------ Build started: Project: ColorGradientTypeEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
38> ColorGradientTypeEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Color GradientTypeEditor.dll
37> ColorTypeEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Color TypeEditor.dll
39>------ Build started: Project: LevelTypeEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
39> LevelTypeEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Level TypeEditor.dll
40>------ Build started: Project: StateMach, Configuration: Release x86 ------
41>------ Build started: Project: NShapeGeneralShapes, Configuration: Release x86 ------
40> StateMach -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\StateMach.dll
42>------ Build started: Project: Olsen595, Configuration: Release x86 ------
41> NShapeGeneralShapes -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\Dataweb.NShape.Gene ralShapes.dll
42> Olsen595 -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\Olsen59 5.dll
43>------ Build started: Project: Renard, Configuration: Release x86 ------
44>------ Build started: Project: Generic, Configuration: Release x86 ------
43> Renard -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\Renard. dll
44> Generic -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Timing\Generic.dll
45>------ Build started: Project: TimedSequenceEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
46>------ Skipped Build: Project: Scheduler, Configuration: Release x86 ------
46>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
47>------ Build started: Project: SpinEffectEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
45> TimedSequenceEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Editor\TimedSequen ceEditor.dll
48>------ Build started: Project: TwinkleEffectEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
47> SpinEffectEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\SpinE ffectEditor.dll
48> TwinkleEffectEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Twink leEffectEditor.dll
49>------ Build started: Project: InstrumentationPanel, Configuration: Release x86 ------
50>------ Build started: Project: ChaseEffectEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
49> InstrumentationPanel -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\App\Instrumentatio nPanel.dll
51>------ Build started: Project: DummyLighting, Configuration: Release x86 ------
50> ChaseEffectEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Chase EffectEditor.dll
52>------ Build started: Project: BlinkyLinky, Configuration: Release x86 ------
51> DummyLighting -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\DummyLi ghting.dll
52> BlinkyLinky -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\BlinkyL inky.dll
53>------ Build started: Project: DmxUsbPro, Configuration: Release x86 ------
54>------ Build started: Project: E131, Configuration: Release x86 ------
53> DmxUsbPro -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\DmxUsbP ro.dll
55>------ Build started: Project: Vixen2x, Configuration: Release x86 ------
54>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Output\E1.31\E131OutputPlu gin.cs(536,22,536,32): warning CS0168: The variable 'lastUpdate' is declared but never used
54> E131 -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\E131.dl l
55> Vixen2x -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\SequenceType\Vixen 2x.dll
56>------ Build started: Project: PSC, Configuration: Release x86 ------
56> PSC -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\PSC.dll
57>------ Build started: Project: Hill320, Configuration: Release x86 ------
58>------ Build started: Project: VB, Configuration: Release x86 ------
57> Hill320 -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\Hill320 .dll
59>------ Build started: Project: DimmingCurve, Configuration: Release x86 ------
58> VB -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Script\VB.dll
60>------ Build started: Project: OpenDMX, Configuration: Release x86 ------
59> DimmingCurve -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\OutputFilter\Dimmi ngCurve.dll
60> OpenDMX -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\OpenDMX .dll
61>------ Build started: Project: GenericSerial, Configuration: Release x86 ------
62>------ Build started: Project: FGDimmer, Configuration: Release x86 ------
61> GenericSerial -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\Generic Serial.dll
62> FGDimmer -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\FGDimme r.dll
63>------ Build started: Project: Grid, Configuration: Release x86 ------
64>------ Build started: Project: FilePathTypeEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
63> Grid -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Property\Grid.dll
64> FilePathTypeEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\FileP athTypeEditor.dll
65>------ Build started: Project: CSharp, Configuration: Release x86 ------
66>------ Build started: Project: NutcrackerEffectEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
65> CSharp -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Script\CSharp.dll
67>------ Build started: Project: ScriptEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
66> NutcrackerEffectEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Nutcr ackerEffectEditor.dll
68>------ Build started: Project: AlternatingEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
68> AlternatingEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Alter natingEditor.dll
69>------ Build started: Project: Alternating, Configuration: Release x86 ------
69> Alternating -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\Alternating .dll
67> ScriptEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Editor\ScriptEdito r.dll
70>------ Build started: Project: WipeEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
71>------ Build started: Project: VixenApplication, Configuration: Release x86 ------
70> WipeEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\WipeE ditor.dll
72>------ Build started: Project: CommandController, Configuration: Release x86 ------
72> CommandController -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\RDSCont roller.dll
73>------ Build started: Project: RDSEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
73> RDSEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\RDSEd itor.dll
74>------ Build started: Project: DebugController, Configuration: Release x86 ------
75>------ Build started: Project: Candle, Configuration: Release x86 ------
74> DebugController -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\DebugCo ntroller.dll
75> Candle -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\Candle.dll
76>------ Build started: Project: CustomValueEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
77>------ Build started: Project: Libraries, Configuration: Release x86 ------
76> CustomValueEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Custo mValueEditor.dll
78>------ Build started: Project: WebServer, Configuration: Release x86 ------
78> WebServer -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\App\WebServer.dll
77> Libraries -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\Libraries.dll
79>------ Build started: Project: ElexolEtherIO, Configuration: Release x86 ------
80>------ Build started: Project: IntUpDownEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
80> IntUpDownEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\IntUp DownEditor.dll
79> ElexolEtherIO -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\ElexolE therIO.dll
81>------ Build started: Project: LauncherEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
82>------ Build started: Project: SuperScheduler, Configuration: Release x86 ------
81> LauncherEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Launc herEditor.dll
83>------ Build started: Project: ElexolUSBIO, Configuration: Release x86 ------
82> SuperScheduler -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\App\SuperScheduler .dll
84>------ Build started: Project: HelixController, Configuration: Release x86 ------
85>------ Build started: Project: VersionControl, Configuration: Release x86 ------
86>------ Build started: Project: K8055 Controller, Configuration: Release x86 ------
86>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Output\K8055 Controller\K8055Module.cs(18,15,18,22): warning CS0649: Field 'VixenModules.Output.K8055_Controller.K8055Module. _Offset' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value 0
86> K8055 Controller -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\K8055 Controller.dll
85> VersionControl -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\App\VersionControl .dll
87>------ Build started: Project: LipSyncEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
88>------ Build started: Project: PercentageTypeEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
88> PercentageTypeEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Perce ntageTypeEditor.dll
87> LipSyncEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\LipSy ncEditor.dll
========== Build: 87 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

bolwire
05-13-2014, 02:43 PM
And the error log:

Warning 1 The field 'Vixen.Sys.Output.IntervalUpdateSignaler._lastUpda teTime' is assigned but its value is never used C:\My Projects\vixen3\Vixen.System\Sys\Output\IntervalUp dateSignaler.cs 9 16 Vixen
Warning 2 The field 'Vixen.Module.Effect.EffectModuleInstanceBase.prer endCnt' is assigned but its value is never used C:\My Projects\vixen3\Vixen.System\Module\Effect\EffectM oduleInstanceBase.cs 24 23 Vixen
Warning 3 Unreachable expression code detected C:\My Projects\vixen3\Vixen.System\Sys\Managers\Hardware UpdateThread.cs 161 33 Vixen
Warning 4 Unreachable code detected C:\My Projects\vixen3\Vixen.System\Sys\Output\OutputCont roller.cs 167 8 Vixen
Warning 5 The using directive for 'System.Linq' appeared previously in this namespace C:\My Projects\vixen3\Common\ScriptSequence\Script\Scrip tProjectGenerator.cs 7 7 ScriptSequence
Warning 6 Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'Dataweb.NShape.WinFormsUI.Display.ScrollBy(int, int)' C:\My Projects\vixen3\Common\NShape\WinFormsUI\Display.c s 4680 15 NShapeWinFormsUI
Warning 7 Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'Dataweb.NShape.WinFormsUI.Display.ScrollTo(int, int)' C:\My Projects\vixen3\Common\NShape\WinFormsUI\Display.c s 4686 15 NShapeWinFormsUI
Warning 8 The field 'VixenModules.Preview.VixenPreview.VixenPreviewMod uleInstance.UseOldPreview' is assigned but its value is never used C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewModuleInstance.cs 17 16 VixenPreview
Warning 9 The field 'VixenModules.Preview.VixenPreview.VixenPreviewMod uleInstance.UseOldPreview' is assigned but its value is never used C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewModuleInstance.cs 17 16 VixenPreview
Warning 10 Unreachable code detected C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewSetupElementsDocument.cs 62 4 VixenPreview
Warning 11 Unreachable code detected C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewSetupElementsDocument.cs 62 4 VixenPreview
Warning 12 The event 'VixenModules.Preview.VixenPreview.VixenPreviewCon trol.OnElementsChanged' is never used C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewControl.cs 84 50 VixenPreview
Warning 13 The event 'VixenModules.Preview.VixenPreview.VixenPreviewCon trol.OnElementsChanged' is never used C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewControl.cs 84 50 VixenPreview
Warning 14 The field 'VixenModules.Preview.VixenPreview.VixenPreviewMod uleInstance.isGdiVersion' is assigned but its value is never used C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewModuleInstance.cs 201 8 VixenPreview
Warning 15 The field 'VixenModules.Preview.VixenPreview.VixenPreviewMod uleInstance.isGdiVersion' is assigned but its value is never used C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewModuleInstance.cs 201 8 VixenPreview
Warning 16 The field 'VixenModules.App.Shows.PauseAction.process' is assigned but its value is never used C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\App\Shows\Actions\PauseAct ion.cs 12 19 Shows
Warning 17 The variable 'lastUpdate' is declared but never used C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Output\E1.31\E131OutputPlu gin.cs 536 22 E131
Warning 18 Field 'VixenModules.Output.K8055_Controller.K8055Module. _Offset' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value 0 C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Output\K8055 Controller\K8055Module.cs 18 15 K8055 Controller

ebrady
05-13-2014, 02:52 PM
Actually, I was speaking of the Vixen Error Log accessed from the Vixen Administration Dialog.

bolwire
05-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Ah.. Those, yeah, I still get those :(

Ill look over it a bit, and if I come up with anything Ill reply

ebrady
05-13-2014, 03:13 PM
OK, thanks. I have a suspicion that this might be some kind of intermodule dependency issue specific to how I structured the Papagayo import code. But can't tell for sure.

bolwire
05-13-2014, 03:24 PM
You might want to post to the dev group, your errors, and a link to this thread, or just repost the relative stuff.

Ill keep looking, but one of the others may know right away what the issue is, as most of them have done more work in this area than I have.

ebrady
05-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the help, I have posted to Jira and am also watching the Dev Group. Hopefully, I can get this figure out....

jeffu231
05-13-2014, 08:17 PM
I took a look at your branch and I have found the problem. You are not the first to get bit by it. When you aded the references to vixen.dll and your new modules to other projects they default to copy local = true in the properties of the reference. The way it is setup, your included references to other parts of the solution should never be copied local. So when adding a reference to another module you need to go in and update the properties on those references to copy local = false. I think I found 3 references to vixen in your new projects I changed. The 3 new modules you made (editor, effect, and app) are all cross referenced in many places with the same problem. Once I got all those cleaned up, it loads cleanly.

What happens is that it ends up with multiple copies of the dll in the app path and the module loader discovers it multiple times and tries to load it from each version of the dll. Of course they all have the same type id and then it thinks they are duplicates.

Jeff

bolwire
05-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Knew that was what was happening, but all of the copy local properties I looked at were already false, I guess I wasn't looking in the right place and therefore didn't mention it!

Can you point out where you found these, for my own future reference please. (Nevermind, found it)

Thank you,
James

ebrady
05-14-2014, 07:01 AM
Yes!

That worked, me and my aching head thank you both for the help.

Ed