PDA

View Full Version : Replacement wallwart for inflatable?

toozie21
01-29-2014, 12:08 PM
I purchased a turkey inflatable this past year for Thanksgiving for my daughter, but it died the day before Thanksgiving. I think the little wallwart that the motor plugs into (this is the first inflatable I've had like this) went bad. Since it has a special plug on it, it will take a little bit of rework to try to get something else to work (and it would need to work outdoors). Does anyone know a supplier who sells replacements for these sorts of things?

arw01
01-29-2014, 05:38 PM
Or a source that maybe makes a series of adapters of sizes and types? I have this one straggler that uses prongs instead of a barrel.

Alan

tfischer
01-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Can you post a pic of what you need to replace?

jchuchla
01-29-2014, 09:52 PM
Was it the big turkey or the small one?

-- Jon Chuchla --

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toozie21
01-29-2014, 10:13 PM
Was it the big turkey or the small one?

It was the one that stands about 5ft tall

Can you post a pic of what you need to replace?
Sure, will have to get it out of the garage tomorrow, but that is probably a good idea Tim.

jchuchla
01-29-2014, 10:24 PM
If it was the big one I'd say I'd trade my working little one for your broken big one.

-- Jon Chuchla --

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toozie21
01-30-2014, 08:10 AM
If it was the big one I'd say I'd trade my working little one for your broken big one.

Thank Jon, but I think I will try to work through it a little longer (I should be able to at least hack something non-ideal to make it work).

It is just crazy (though I should probably not be surprised) that it died within the first season.

scootchu
01-30-2014, 09:00 AM
They don't make the power supplies or the fans like they used to, which is good for price and bad for longevity. I had my 1 year old Santa die before Christmas and I found a wallwart in my box that was close in voltage and amps and spliced it in. I don't throw those things away.

toozie21
01-30-2014, 11:27 AM
They don't make the power supplies or the fans like they used to, which is good for price and bad for longevity. I had my 1 year old Santa die before Christmas and I found a wallwart in my box that was close in voltage and amps and spliced it in. I don't throw those things away.

Agreed on all accounts. I could (and probably will) end up doing what you suggested, I just was trying to get something that was "designed" to work outside in the elements (what little good that did me this year)

scootchu
01-30-2014, 11:33 AM
I wrapped mine up in a bag. Good in a pinch.

WAllewelt
11-12-2014, 11:50 PM
I believe that you might be able to find a replacement power supply at yardinflatables.com